Random Computer Parts...Anyone Else Have This Problem?

MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
I was doing some cleaning up today and I noticed the abundance of computer parts I had laying around. I have so many random PC cables that it filled an entire backpack!

I have only brought ONE cable in the last 8 years (HDMI for the new monitor) yet I have this epic pile of stuff..

Does anyone else have a similar problem??

Comments

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    Absolutely. I was cleaning my overhead out and found a chieftech case with some some Asus board and a 1800+ in it. After that I didn't want to dive to much further. I was worried what I might find up there would scare me.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    I brought a carload of random computer components to the thrift store last time I cleaned up.
  • I can fill a small drawer with crossfire bridges alone.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    We filled a dozen computer paper boxes with cables, cards, and drives at ICHQ when we were cleaning a while back. At least 4 were just cables. We sold some, scrapped some, and left some. I have my tech riff raff collection limited to 1 box now, and Brian's appears to be 1 large drawer.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    I have an entire workshop I can hardly get in there with all the computer parts. So yes...
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    I have a lot of parts laying around too.
    Most are from old PC's I took apart but a lot I ordered off amazon and for whatever reason never used.
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    i have 3 or 4 floppy reader that i use as paper weight and a drawer full of random cables....