I want to upgrade my old pc.

I have an old pc working perfectly. i just want to upgrade it in order to play some high quality games in it. i have a Gigabite motherboard GA-G41M-ES2l (http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3500#ov), mercury 2 gb ram, 500GB hard disk, LG dvd rom and a working power supply. also i am new here and a noob.

Thanks

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    The three biggest upgrades you could make:

1. A new power supply to support a new, high-end GPU.

2. A RAM upgrade to 4GB or 8GB.

3. And a GPU in the $149-249 price range. Anything faster is something of a waste of money because it would be held back by your processor. Worry not, however, as GPUs in this price range are very fast these days.

I work for AMD doing PR and marketing for the AMD Radeon brand of graphics cards. I can make suggestions to you on what would be good for you if you're okay with that. I work with these graphics cards every day and know their performance like the back of my hand.

What games are you looking to play?
  • edited June 2013
    First of all thank you, can you specific about GPU's and which Graphic card(the model). I like to play Battlefield, Need for speed, Sniper elite and other high quality games.And also the mother board? shall i upgrade it?
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Is it a 64bit OS? This will determine your ram upgrade options.

And if "other high quality games" include TF2, you should join us on Tuesday nights for some TF2 fun :-)

-Digi
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    If you replace the mobo you are basically building an entire new system.
    It is amazing what you can do with $1000 these days.
    A good high eff PSU, 2x4GB of RAM, and a decent video card will all set you back about $300-325.
    Decide on a budget and then get back to us.