Expo 2013 loaner PCs

UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA:Redwood City, CA Icrontian
Sup.

So like last year, I'll be traveling to Expo without a computer. Well, I'll have my laptop from work, but anyone who's been fortunate to witness my embarrassment of being caught in public with that thing knows that laptop can hardly even run Minecraft. Needless to say, I will not be TF2ing on it.

Will there be any loaner systems at expo? Anyone willing to let me play TF2 and/or the minecraft stuff and/or other games on? I was hoping to have bought a gaming capable laptop by now, but lol my jobs.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    yep. Elitebook is all you, dawg.
    UPSLynx
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I will not be bringing my desktop via plane this time. That was Archer level #dangerzone and don't want to risk it again, so I'll need a PC to do TF2, LoL ... and that's it? I don't mind not participating, but it would be nice :D
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    I will be shipping my PC this year. That worked out really well the two years I did that. I am not apposed to shipping my monitor also but one less box is one less worry if someone has a spare 22"+.

-Digi
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    BobbyDigi said:

I will be shipping my PC this year. That worked out really well the two years I did that. I am not apposed to shipping my monitor also but one less box is one less worry if someone has a spare 22"+.

-Digi

;)
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    I'll bring my work rig as a spare:

Athlon II quad @ 3.4 GHz, Radeon 6670, 20" 1600x1200 LCD. Vid card should be adequate for the scheduled tourney games. I've played Civ5 on it and it's been good (lol "work rig").

@Primesuspect gave me the Radeon, so it's fitting I bring the rig to help out.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

yep. Elitebook is all you, dawg.

Rad, thank you *bro-bows*

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    I'm still vaguely disappointed that the much more clever "elbros" wasn't the obvious choice, there.
    GargprimesuspectBandrik
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    @Gargoyle Sweet, thanks. For the purposes of being organized, let's say that's @Tushon's designated gaming rig.
    Yay!
    Thrax said:

I'm still vaguely disappointed that the much more clever "elbros" wasn't the obvious choice, there.

It's all in the alliteration, man.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    I will have my old Core2 Due lappy, but about all it can do is run TF2 at low settings and even then the framerate drops into slideshow mode on occasion. While a loaner for the entire time would be awesome, as long as I can get on a decent rig for the TF2 tourny, thats all I need.
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    @Bobbydigi, anyone else going to need monitors, keyboards, or mice?
    BobbyDigi
    Also. I have mousepads. I have 7 of these I'll gladly donate if anyone needs them.
    BobbyDigi
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    If I have room in the car I will bring my spare rig, Q6600 plus the GTX 480 I won two years ago and a 22".
  • GuppyGuppy Warren, MI Icrontian
    I may use my previous rig this year (it's good enough for Minecraft, TF2, etc.) and let someone use my current rig if it's really needed.
    @RyanMM, Should I take that as "Monitor covered"? Also a Mousepad can be useful, It would go to a loving home afterwards. :D

Thanks,

-Digi
    Yep, I've got ya covered @Bobbydigi.
    BobbyDigi
    I am starting to panic, pieces did not fall into place for me to ship my computer yet, going out today would get there next Wednesday but if someone has a spare computer that will run minimum TF2 and Mincraft (Tribes and UT2K would be bonus) that I can use throughout Expo, You will be superhero status.

-Digi
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited June 2013
    BobbyDigi said:

I am starting to panic, pieces did not fall into place for me to ship my computer yet, going out today would get there next Wednesday but if someone has a spare computer that will run minimum TF2 and Mincraft (Tribes and UT2K would be bonus) that I can use throughout Expo, You will be superhero status.

-Digi

@BobbyDigi

Edited to fix my general stupidity and horrible ability with a cell phone touch screen.
    BoggyDigi?
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited June 2013
    BoggyDigi, n. A virtual swamp, often filled with spiders patrolling their world wide webs, seeking to add to their #hats collection.
    (scorpion fatalities, watch at own risk)

@RyanMM The wonderful Sonorous brought a monitor along with the PC he provided for me. No need to bring another for me if you have not already packed up. Could still use a mouse pad though :-) Thanks.

-Digi