PVPVPVPVPVP is funsies.

TushonTushon I'm scared, CoachAlexandria, VA Icrontian
edited February 2013 in Gaming
This is way better than ratting. Just need to start surviving to loot and/or salvage.

First solo kill: https://kb.pleaseignore.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=695085

First big kill(s): A scanning newbro got wind of some sweet carrier action in a WH they had just scanned down. Another recon bro sat in the WH for 7 hours waiting for action. We found it. It was good. We formed up a blap fleet and headed into the thunderdome. I felt like Willem Dafoe screaming "There was a firefight". Dat ISK efficiency.

https://kb.pleaseignore.com/?a=kill_related&kll_id=741895

Random kill: about 25?ish people formed up to go on a caracal roam with t1 logi. We ran through some systems to get deep into goon space, went looking for escalations first. A random recon bro jumped into our channel in Mumble, told us he was sitting on a carrier 8 jumps out. We burned over and held on last gate. Stragglers reported increasing goon numbers behind us, but we jumped in when tackle landed on the carrier. Dropped him (that's 4B+ w/o any losses, looted some faction shit and tears, then prepared for the coming savior fleet. we aligned to the gate they were sitting on and I told FC to YOLO. We warped in, started tackling and then this happened:
https://kb.pleaseignore.com/?a=kill_related&kll_id=754025

Best quotes of the night:
Via Mumble, Post Nidhoggur Kill
Vekim Marr > :This is what happens when you give your alliance free carriers
(goons new policy of "if you meet the skill reqs, you can have a carrier")

Via Mumble, when undocking to bait Black Legion for slowcats to blap (FC talking, you don't have cloak out of undock, just invulnerability for 30s)
Xystance > FLEET UNDOCK, HOLD CLOAK, FLEET UNDOCK HOLD YOUR CLOAK
DocFrazier

Comments

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    Allow me to translate:

Tushon is excited to have blown up internet spaceships in Eve. For his first big kill, he and a squadron of other players found a large, expensive target in a challenging, remote area of space. Despite the danger of flying into a choke point, they charged in and dispatched the target. He enjoyed destroying a target of such great value while taking minute losses.

In another fight, he and a small raiding party went deep into enemy territory where they found another good target. With the enemy giving chase, they charged toward the target and quickly dispatched it. In the following melee, the combat escalated into a large brawl with his side coming out decidedly on top.

He then says the victims of his attack make unwise financial decisions in-game, and points out the commander of his own fleet also make a humourous mistake while giving orders.
    RyanFodderTushon
  • It was Xystance though.... he might mistake cloak for invuln but he will also bone your girlfriend/wife/couch.
    JBoogalooTushon
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I've tried all of the Google Translate options available, but not none of them seem to make any sense of this.

Yes yes. It was late and I was excited. Very good translation, @BuddyJ.

@pragtastic joins us and you can know these dark pleasures and feed on the tears. There is an entirely new vocabulary to some parts of this game that is quite enjoyable. Shitlord is one of my favorites.
    BuddyJJBoogalooardichoke
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I had @pragtastic sign a pre-nup that specifically states (and only states, for that matter) that he will never play this game.
    primesuspectJBoogalooTushon
  • LazarusXeroLazarusXero Illinois Icrontian
    I've been thinking of getting into this game for a couple weeks now... looks like something that would eat my soul...
    BuddyJTushonprimesuspectJBoogaloo
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Ok, seeing as how I'm total noobsmcgee at EVE and still need to advance skills before I get into pirating, I've read in a few places (the few accessible sites I can here at work) that pirating in lowsec is more lucrative and fun than in nullsec. Any thoughts or opinions on this statement?
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    There's money to be made everywhere, if you know how to do it and invest the appropriate amount of time. That said, the rule of thumb is that rewards increase as risk increases. As such, null-sec reward is greater than low-sec reward which is greater than high-sec reward. Of course, there's much more risk of getting blown up in null-sec, which could offset that reward.
    You can solo gate-camp in low sec with sniper fits or something, but I don't think that's fun (personally; there are tons of people who roam space in unstoppable thrashers and get ridiculous kill mails). Best place to learn skills is in the fire and TEST is burning hot :D
    JBoogaloo
    Look up AWOXing and google "Belligerent Undesirables" if you wanna do some low-skill, decent reward piracy. Burn through some small mining corps. Yes, it'll mark that character as a jerkface forever, but you'll have fun doing it.
    JBoogaloo
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    Or you could become a carebear. Granted, it's quite boring, and people will try and kill you (because tears), but the income is steady, and it's relatively cozy and safe.
    @BuddyJ, Im taking that advice and I'm going to see how well I can do it, earn some monies and then move on. I LOVED reading about how hilariously pissed people got :D
    BuddyJ
    Eve's name should be changed to "Internet Spaceship PewPew Tears Generator Online"
    Good luck with your safaris. Take lots of screenshots.
    JBoogaloo
    You have to work Spreadsheets into there somewhere. So ... many ... spreadsheets.
    Tushon said:

So ... many ... spreadsheets.

Is it weird that I read this in Calculon's voice? It just seems like something he'd say.