750GB hard drive partition

erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native TexanHouston,Texas Member
edited July 2013 in Hardware
I'm trying to get the most out my HDD. I want to partition this drive to 32GB partitions so I can use it for my xbox 360.

Comments

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    Is there a question?
  • erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native Texan Houston,Texas Member
    Yes it is a question. Trying to see if it's possible to do it. And on mac os.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    Yes, but what is your question? Can you partition a 750GB into a 32GB? Yes, but how is that maximizing the space?

Did you mean, can you make 23 x 32GB partitions for your Xbox? No, I don't think so.
    Sorry I didn't get my point across. I was just curious if it has been done
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    I'm not trying to be an ass here, but you should really read this: http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#explicit

Knowing how to ask questions effectively is extremely helpful and saves everyone involved a lot of exasperation and frustration. It also enhances the likelihood that people will take the time to help you.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    Yes, you can partition a 750gig HDD to 32gig drive, but why would you want to? I think that is really what we are trying to figure out here. You will still physically have a 750gig hard drive, can Xbox only read from a 32gig partition?
    ardichoke said:

I'm not trying to be an ass here, but you should really read this: http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#explicit

Knowing how to ask questions effectively is extremely helpful and saves everyone involved a lot of exasperation and frustration. It also enhances the likelihood that people will take the time to help you.

I did ask my question effectively partitions mean more than one. End of line :-)
    everybody knows that you can format: any thumb drive or hard drive in the xbox360 at a max of 32gb of storage. Partition the drive in multiple segments in order to be recognized as more than just one storage device. I did this once but I have since forgotten how.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited July 2013
    Literally the very first search result, using the terms "format hard drive xbox 360 mac". You also literally never asked a question, which prompted ardi's response. You made a series of statements and left the reader to infer the question, which was somewhat clear to me but I've had years of reading past client requests :/

ardichokeKwitkoJBoogaloo
    Well sorry guys and thanks.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited July 2013
    Tushon said:

Literally the very first search result, using the terms "format hard drive xbox 360 mac". You also literally never asked a question, which prompted ardi's response.

I'm impressed by your correct usage of "literally." ^5.
    JBoogalooTushon
  • IvanIvan Icrontian
    @Kwitko ^5