Cube World

TheRedburnTheRedburn Spaceman KDetroit, MI Icrontian
I watch a Youtube channel called Yogscast, and they supply me with a good dose of awesome daily. A good game I recently discovered is called Cube World. This game is indie, and is inspired by many other RPG or creative games, like Minecraft, and a few elements of WoW and The Legend Of Zelda. You start of in a procedurally generated world and fight creatures, discover towns, climb mountains, and raid dungeons. I haven't had the privilege of playing this game, and have tried to create an account on their website, but no avail (This is due to a hacker attack on the main site). If you want more info on the game, visit https://picroma.com/cubeworld
midga

Comments

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    I have been waiting on the servers to catch up so I can buy it, it looks like a lot of fun. Minecraft with an honest to goodness RPG overlay
  • TheRedburnTheRedburn Spaceman K Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Yeah, it sucks that it's taking so long. It's been like this for the last week since I started checking
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

taking so long
    the last week

Thrax
    Apparently the dev has been suffering some kind of DDoS which is why it has been so backed up.
    Tushon said:

taking so long
    the last week

The last week SINCE I STARTED CHECKING ;D It's been going on way longer.

• BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    I am intrigued. I always wished that Minecraft would have an official Story Mode that's highly Legend of Zelda inspired. Yeah, I've seen mods and games made, but official would be nice. Cube World may be what I seek.
    TheRedburn
    Bandrik said:

I am intrigued. I always wished that Minecraft would have an official Story Mode that's highly Legend of Zelda inspired. Yeah, I've seen mods and games made, but official would be nice. Cube World may be what I seek.

Quite! Cannot wait to get an account. I want to be an Elf

Looks like the DDoS has slowed enough to make accounts again.
    Sweet, I'll check it out
    Well it was for a little bit, looks like it is broke again.
    :( This is disappointing
    https://picroma.com/buycubeworld/

Game is boughtable and boughted.

From amount $20.09 USD
    To amount €15.00 EUR
    Aw yiss.... This'll be good!
    I've looked all over the website... Where do I purchase?
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    https://picroma.com/buycubeworld if you already have an account created, but new account creation is disabled for "server maintenance"
    midga
    Alright, thanks Tushon
    After watching this Nerd3 video, I'm pretty damn intrigued by Cube World.

Account creation and store are both live again. Bought. See you in cube form soon!
    Prepare for a long monotonous grind at the start. I died about a dozen times before I found something I could actually kill.

really hope the player house building is actually worth a damn. Also excited for when Icrontic gets a server going for it, since mine is still broke.
    Just purchased Cube World! Level 2 Fire mage Elf. Also killed my first boss! (It was a giant Alpaca XD)
    midga
    Also, if you need help with your game (Finding ingredients, tactics, etc.) I recommend this site cubeworldwiki.net
    I like wikis, but I have developed an issue with them. There are 4 different wiki pages for Cube World (and many other games), all of which are basically the same, but each has some information that the others do not. Are wiki pages really that profitable that so many places want to be the hosts?
    I am up to a level 4 Lizardman Ranger
    Level 8. I've gone through two dungeons so far, planning on going through with another
    I haven't been able to kill a dungeon boss yet, they R hurd
    My tactic is to send my pet in, throw my m1 power out, when pet dies, stun, throw in m1 again, so on so forth
    Also, a tip: I've noticed that cows are an amazing source of easy EXP.
    I noticed that as well actually. Pretty much the only thing I can kill without risk of death that gives more than 1xp