CPU Temperature: How high is too high?

2»

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited July 2013
    It's always plugged in. The battery on this thing has been shot for years.

Now, the thing is just turning me into a liar out of spite. It's been up and running for six hours now, the last 2 of which the CPU has been under full load. It hasn't stayed up for that long in a week. Could keeping the CPU under load be helping? What issue would that indicate?
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    Well, is it possible it is sleeping due to Power Management settings?
    edited July 2013
    Nope. That's all turned off. It's the first thing I did when I got Windows reinstalled.

When it freezes, it does it old-school too. The screen continues to display, but becomes non-interactive. Sometimes I don't even notice that it's frozen until I look over and realize that nothing has updated in a while (I use it mostly to keep track of various chat rooms, and I don't directly interact with it constantly (which is also why I turn off power management stuff right away)), and I look to the corner and see that the clock is an hour behind, and not moving. Then I curse and reset it.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    Um, I would try a Power MAnagement driver from HP, latest for your Windows version, and then reset (if needed) all settings after updating. Shot in dark, but has helped hangs in past for me....
    CB
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited July 2013
    @CB it's a total longshot, but my system was doing that too and disabling hardware acceleration in firefox seems to have stopped it. I think, maybe. Hard to tell.

(assuming you use firefox and it is open when you lockup)
    Started a new thread to discuss this system, since it's no longer related to this thread.