The IC Comfy Trucker Comfy Truck-Off

Comments

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    Got the game today. Church4252 reporting in.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited July 2013
    At Long Haul level 3 the longest route is about 850 km with the most expensive at that rank being itself the longest route.

So at that rank everyone should, feasibly be able to grab at least an 840-850 run which runs up to about 12 hours solid in game driving at safe speeds.

I'm going to have to flesh out the rules a little more as everyone gets settled in this is something Bobby and I threw together while having an ingame competition between the two of us to see who could deliver their cargo first with the fewest fines/physical damage.

@Teramona, sent. Not sure if it works on Mac you may have to play it on Dan's PC or something.

EDIT: For the purpose of the competition you will HAVE to be long haul rank 3 any higher and the chances of everyone getting a similar length run becomes very difficult
    TheRedburnChooch
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    damn this sounds like a blast!!! but alas I have no funds... :mad:
    @UPSHitman and one for you as well.
    TIM YOU DA MAN!!!!! THANKS BRO I OWE YOU!
    I am now IN!
    edited July 2013
    I wish I could stream this game but it makes my PC shit a brick when both are running.

Edit: Screw it, cop slang or not Papa Bear is the only handle I like (And it sort of works because future Mounty.)

Hopefully we can arrange that once everyone has the same Long Haul rank we can just coordinate for the longest delivery length (You have the majority of Europe to run with I'm willing to bet there's an 845km run somewhere for everyone.)

As for timing the runs, well the average in game run following the traffic laws at an 845km run disregarding stopping for a rest (Stopping for gas will be recorded) is around 12 in game hours or so. (Maybe an hour IRL)

You can definitely go faster or slower, of course the former is likely going to mean more damages, or if you're really gunning for shortest run time then you can skip sleeping (Though the last 2 hours of the run will be really difficult.)

I'm going to run a number of 840-850 runs over the next few days and time them with my phone start to finish. That way I'll be able to learn the average and if we're all on mumble people can just call out when they deliver (There's no prize or anything so I'd hope everyone is honest)
    Big Nasty reporting in!
    CantiBandrik
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    I invited a buddy to play. It seemed like he really wanted to join us. ;-)

-Digi
    BuddyJUPSHitman
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    BlackHawk said:

Anyone wanna try this with the game?

It basically works but needs some tweaking.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    Thanks @BobbyDigi! I'm gonna comfy cruise the heck out of it.
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Gonna comfy so hard as soon as I think of a handle.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    I really can't wait for this weekend so I can comfy truck all night.

Give me suggestions on a racing wheel because get super comfy or go home.
    UPSLynx
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    _k_ said:

I really can't wait for this weekend so I can comfy truck all night.

Give me suggestions on a racing wheel because get super comfy or go home.

Logitech Driving Force Pro does pretty well. Could use some more buttons for things like wipers and the like. If only someone would fund a kickstarter for a wheel with a clutch and a 12 gate shifter.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    Shuttle here.
    midga
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    Son of a beetch, I just had to go and buy the game. It is surprisingly fun
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    I LOL'd at the helpful upvotes on @teramona's post.

So @ilriyas and I will look into standardizing the rules for this. This whole thing started off as a casual fun little thing, we had no idea everyone was so ready to get comfy.

I think, ideally, we need to drive the same route - a long one that we can judge time taken and damage done. Drivers use any truck they want. Comfy up or go home. Is it possible for us to all take the same job or are the randomized? (I'm away from my PC so I can't do tests in the game).

Everybody get practicing and we'll figure out the logistics.
    I think it is randomized as far as I can tell. Around what level does attempting to start my own company make sense? I am up to 26k which is still barely anything I need to own my own truck.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    @d3k0y Don't forget you can take out a loan. You just need to make sure you're in a place to be able to pay the daily fee. I haven't gotten mine yet, but I just started over on a different name. Speaking of...

Propane Sparkle checking in.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    Depending on whether or not I'm home when this goes down, I'll be TurboViking.
    UPSHitman
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    (Preface: I have no internet at my residence until next Wed)

Can you create multiple profiles? For example can we level one up to level 3 for Comfy Truckin and then start another to continue practicing? Or does starting over take the place of your previous game?

-Digi
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    Looked like you can run several game profiles at a time.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    BobbyDigi said:

(Preface: I have no internet at my residence until next Wed)

Can you create multiple profiles? For example can we level one up to level 3 for Comfy Truckin and then start another to continue practicing? Or does starting over take the place of your previous game?

-Digi

You can use multiple profiles but I don't think lvl 3 is the max you can be. I believe it's just the minimum so you can get the longer trips.
    Level 3 Distance Trucking unlocks trips up to 500-ish miles. You can level up past level 3, some trucks require level 14.
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    edited July 2013
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    DC is "Bullshit City"...fitting.

UPSLynxTeramonaCreeperbane2
  • TheRedburnTheRedburn Spaceman K Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Its okay, @Teramona. I did that exact maneuver in London. Pretty boss
    Teramonaprimesuspect