[IC] EVE Player Names

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    ^^

I'm going to try to FC bombers and I'm real scared :D Only way to learn is to do it though. @QCH, I found it best to focus on an area for a little bit, read wiki/in game material about it and ask questions, then change subjects as I lost interest or wanted to try something new. Luckily for me, @Harudath runs a lot of industry stuff that I can get that side out in and then I PVP pretty much as much as I want with TEST.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited July 2013
    Tushon said:

^^
    Luckily for me, @Harudath runs a lot of industry stuff that I can get that side out in and then I PVP pretty much as much as I want with TEST.

Is that all I am to you?! A greasy rag (EDIT: Referring to engine oil :P) when you're in the mood? I feel so used.

so many britishisms in one sentence ... well, one-ish.

and yes.
  • lmorchardlmorchard {web,mad,computer} scientist Portland, OR Icrontian
    Oh hai. Started EVE again, for like the 8th time in 7 years, and it seems to be sticking so far.

@lmorchard
    Declan Solette (currently in Brave Newbies)
    Ohgr Key (untrained alt for future expansion)

I applied to Dreddit, but got turned down because I've only ever posted 4 things on Reddit and couldn't be bothered with an arts & crafts project.

BNI took me in, though, and I've been having a blast senselessly wasting ISK and ships in low & null sec.
    Tushon
    They are a fun corp and Dreddit has a sorta-uncle relationship with them. :D

If you end up wanting to come over to Dreddit, I can sponsor you in without need of active Reddit account or arts and crafts. No need to leave if you're having fun though.
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    Yeah, I still need to join Dreddit.....

I sent you a link to the instructions on steam, but here is the direct link and if you need a recommendation (for lack of an active Reddit account), message me your character name when you have created the app but not hit submit or whatever that step is. Make sure you've followed the instructions precisely (regarding API key creation, dropping roles, etc). You can leave stuff in high sec, but as a RL friend found out recently (even though I warned him), you're likely to start losing stuff around major trade hubs or going through pipes between them due to war decs. Ideally, you'd get all your stuff you want to sell to trade hubs before getting accepted in game and either have an out-of-corp/alliance alt for high sec stuff and trading or make sure it's all done solely in Jita station (where you can med clone to as a member of dreddit).
  • LazarusXeroLazarusXero Illinois Icrontian
    Tushon said:

I sent you a link to the instructions on steam, but here is the direct link and if you need a recommendation (for lack of an active Reddit account), message me your character name when you have created the app but not hit submit or whatever that step is. Make sure you've followed the instructions precisely (regarding API key creation, dropping roles, etc). You can leave stuff in high sec, but as a RL friend found out recently (even though I warned him), you're likely to start losing stuff around major trade hubs or going through pipes between them due to war decs. Ideally, you'd get all your stuff you want to sell to trade hubs before getting accepted in game and either have an out-of-corp/alliance alt for high sec stuff and trading or make sure it's all done solely in Jita station (where you can med clone to as a member of dreddit).
    I think one of the best things about the game is that although I comprehend about 99% of all of the words in the sentences above, you have arranged them in a way that is completely foreign to me. :)

I'm having a lot of fun in the game although have no desire to charge out into PVP land yet. I'm fully content learning a little here and there while wading in the kiddie-pool... I'm training everyday and about to finish the last of my training missions. But yes, lots to learn and understand, but that was the allure the whole time... the fact I can dedicate years to one game and not reach the end of it...
    edited July 2013
    :D:D

You would be very welcome in Dreddit with that attitude. If you change your mind, we'll have you harvesting tears of multi-year players in a matter of days and trial-by-fire is the best way to learn. Don't become a high-sec pubbie ;)
    LazarusXero
    since my first day at work has been postponed I will be doing this for the rest of the day.

BuddyJLazarusXero

a benefit of operating inside a 12000+ member alliance with more in friendly alliances (though tbh, a shit load of those are inactives or alts that we don't purge) is that you have some incredibly talented people with backgrounds in IT, video production, graphic design, management and all sorts of out-of-game careers that make the world go round.

Get in! :D
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    I'm working on getting certificates for mining (drones, efficiency, refining, etc) and also getting "Core" and "Defense" up to the "Standard" level before going too much more into which career.

I'm based in the Eletta Solar System (Obray> Verge Vendor) area along with @LazarusXero.
    Relevant:

Remember, mining, PI, ratting and mission running are all better in null sec!
    HarudathLazarusXero
    Tushon said:

Relevant:

Remember, mining, PI, ratting and mission running are all better in null sec!

Only if you have the ships and equipment to do such a thing. *looks at current isk* *sad panda*
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    Just give in and sell a few PLEX. I finally admitted that it's more time-effective for me to put in a couple hours at work, buy two or three PLEX and sell them in-game to fund everything I want to do as opposed to grinding out other things to make isk in-game.
    How about a voice chat some night for the noobs where key info like how to survive in null sectors early on. Battle 101, Mining 101, some prescribed routes to maximize skills, equipment, ships, rigs, etc. Just a thought... just saying "Come out and play in the middle of the Afgan tribal area... it's fun." sounds more like "Come and die here... it's fun to watch." :D
    I'm generally available via skype or mumble, and if I'm not, poke me on Steam. TEST gives out some free frigs and t1 cruisers of dps, ewar, logi and mining varieties (mining is kinda special order but if you're looking to mine in null, I can make that happen). Selling a PLEX or two is a great way to fund your in-game experience, but that isn't for everyone. I've dumped a not-insignificant amount of money in PLEX, but used most of it to fund industry build up which should fund accounts and possible my PVP as well. *stares @Harudath We buy minerals on a scale much larger than a single producer, but I would be happy to go over basics of anything (i know the general idea of "most" things and specialized knowledge on several things).
    edited July 2013
    IT'S NOT MY FAULT D: Dat Goon meta
    Tushon
    edited July 2013

Bad guys in red/orange, good guys in blue/green/purple. Over 4000 people in system at one point.
    JBoogalooBuddyJLazarusXero
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Sexy...
    edited July 2013
    Some words about this fight and for those who are curious about some of the game mechanics, you can watch short (<10 min) small team fights from the <a href="http://at.eve-ic.net/10/index.php?view=matches&round=4">alliance tournament. They explain a lot of mechanics because they are assuming a bunch of viewers are non-players.
    I watching this feed right now...

What side are you on, @Tushon?
    TEST, we lost that fight but its ~14k vs 30k+ total member pools
    oh, blob battles....
    I'll be ready for a mining barge in about 5 days. I just need to get my head around why selling raw minerals is worth more than the processed minerals. I'm guessing the waste is where it goes...
  • GuppyGuppy Warren, MI Icrontian
    I think it's a combination of waste and the percentage the station takes. Training the Refining and Refinery Efficiency skills will reduce waste.
    edited July 2013
    Raw minerals, as in the ore one refines into minerals? Standings with the corporation that owns the station at which you refine (higher standings means less tax) and refining skills reduce the amount of minerals wasted when reprocessing ore.

Selling ore might be more profitable than selling the minerals themselves, but I suppose it depends what quantities you're dealing with. It may only be better because your skills waste more minerals than you'd get if you had perfect skills, or you're producing enough for a small-mid scale trader to buy, refine, and make a 5-10% profit himself.
    BuddyJTushon
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    Yeah, probably better off not wasting the isk refining unless you are also going to manufacture goods with the refined minerals. Mining your own minerals to refine then manufacture is a good way to increase profit at the cost of time spent mining, but refining to sell is almost always a losing proposition unless you have really high standings in station and high refining skills.
    Thanks for the info everyone. Slowly gaining a better understanding on how things are done every day.
    btw my EVE-Online main character name is Xiang