Icrontic Summer Shindig 2013 - UNPLUGGED

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited May 2013 in Community
#ICSS #6
Labor Day Weekend: August 30-September 2, 2013

Facebook Event Page

We're going to really shake things up for Summer Shindig this year...

In years past, Summer Shindig started up around the Woodward Dream Cruise, but as the years went on people got less and less interested in fighting the crowd just to see some classic cars cruising Woodward Avenue.... and the million attendees didn't really help matters.

This year we decided to really change it up, in light of Renn Faire being cancelled (ANNE... THE BABY) and Summer Shindig being less and less about the cars and more and more about just hanging out between Expo and Oktoberfest.... we're moving it north. Way north.

Icrontic Summer Shindig 2013 will be held at Prime's property in northern Michigan (around these parts we call it "up north"). It's 5.5 acres of lovingly tended wilderness, with plenty and plenty of camping space as well as woods and tons of privacy. There is a trailer on the property with running water and electricity, so we do have a shower and a toilet.

Bring a tent, bring some beers, bring your favorite thing to grill, and you will have an amazingly awesome weekend of hanging out in the woods, campfires, and relaxing good times.

LOGISTICS

We will start the journey at ICHQ Detroit, to make carpooling as efficient as possible. When all the cars are loaded, we'll head up (relatively grouped up but definitely not "caravaning" which is unsafe and inefficient). The journey is just about 2.5 hours north of ICHQ Detroit. Every car should have at least one smartphone or GPS to get there. Google Maps has 115 E. City Limits road slightly wrong; it's actually about .25 miles north of where it says on the map... There is a grass driveway on the right-hand side that leads down a hill and up again to the property. We'll have a sign up.

Those who are flying in can get a spot in one of the vehicles. If you're willing to drive, let us know how many spots you have available so we can start assigning cars.

Trailer-HDR
Old chairs
Light through the trees
PirateNinjaprimesuspectStraight_ManJBoogalooWagsFTWardichoke

Comments

• JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    I can attest to this place being awesome and amazing.
    primesuspect
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    This sounds fun. I'll see if I can make it work.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    If I'm not too busy being still unemployed by then, I very well may be in. Sounds like a really great time.
  • SodaSoda Ann Arbor, MI Icrontian
    I unfortunately can't typically go camping until at least october. I'm quite allergic to mosquitoes. It's really, really annoying.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    Soda said:

I unfortunately can't typically go camping until at least october. I'm quite allergic to mosquitoes. It's really, really annoying.

I'll lend you an epipen to inject right into your heart, if you'd like.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    shwaip said:

Soda said:

I'll lend you an epipen to inject right into your heart, if you'd like.
    Well when you talk dirty like that, how can he resist?
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Depending on my current situation, I may be in for this. If so, there's a possibility I'd be driving in (the wife may or may not be joinging). Sounds like a damn good time.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    Soda said:

I'm quite allergic to mosquitoes. It's really, really annoying.

Me too. Get some Off Deep Woods spray. It would at least help...
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    Also, this sounds fantastic. I might like camping if there's a toilet around. :)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    JBoogaloo said:

The wife may or may not be joinging.

I can't wait to see your wife joinging!

JBoogaloo
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    I haven't been camping in years. Want to go... don't know if I can make it happen...
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    Who is going to bring the CampStoves?
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I thought part of camping was to get away from technology for a few days
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    No, the point of camping is whatever you, as the camper, want the point to be.
    As much as I'd love to do this, it'd take too big of a chunk out of my vacation time. Maybe next year.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    Me and @kimono54 are on the fence.
    Bompz. Time to get planning. Who's in?
    Want to, but cannot. No vacation time left.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Can't. Damn baby.
    ANNE. THE COMMUNITY.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Aaaaagh, can't. We have a couple obligations that came up...damn life. I guess I'll be seeing you next in Oct.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    Dammit, I would so be there if that wasn't the day my wife and kids were returning from Poland. :( I would have brought the whole KwitClan™ along, even Bronson the Wonder Dog.
    So is anybody coming?
    I wish. My travel budget and vacation days are fully committed to other events.
  • Nope. Fiancee is out of town... no accommodations are available to care for dog at this point. I will be spending my Labor Day weekend playing video games and drinking fine cheap wine
    Fun was had. It was only @DJMeph, @Cannonfodder, @TheRedburn,@FreshyP, and myself, and we had a fucking blast. We cooked meats, drank beers, shot guns, watched movies, played Magics, and generally acted liked rednecks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/icrontic/sets/72157635341009480/
    PirateNinjaJBoogalooUPSLynx
    DJ Meph the Merikan
    PirateNinjaUPSLynx
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    Does @CannonFodder essentially live in Detroit now? I'm pretty sure he does.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    Did the terlit done git shot by one of you all?