Let's be friends and rob banks together. Payday 2 Discussion.

SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
edited November 2013 in Gaming
Payday 2 is releasing soon. Those who pre-ordered it have beta access. I haven't really heard scuttlebutt from anyone on this game and I am curious if anyone is getting it. Neco and myself are going to be playing and we could use a few more players to avoid AI players and fun destroying pugs.

Comments

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    @Rootwyrm, @_k and myself ran a few games of Payday last night after a long Payday 2 discussion during TF2.

I have Payday 2 along with the beta access and yeah I could do to run with a solid crew.
  • RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    Played beta.
    Payday 2 is freaking aaaaaaaaaaaaaawesome.
    Seriously. Go get it. Go preorder it. Now. Right now. Immediately. Overkill is pretty damn awesome and worth supporting.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    Anyone happen to have an extra beta key? I've gotta wait 'til Friday to possibly get this game.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    I forgot how much fun @Tushon and I had playing the couple of runs we did. Payday is done really well. I just don't know about paying the 50$ to get beta access and make some in game junk easier. For sure down for more Payday 1 especially since we can run several jobs in an hour.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    It was quite fun, but I'm not buying into more games atm. Free beta key would be nice, but I've got a backlog the size of your [general] mother on top of ongoing actual cash-money games.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    I mean, I could be down for that, as long as we had appropriate planning and we were super carefu--wait, you're talking about a game? NVM.
    UPSLynxmidga
    _k_ said:

I forgot how much fun @Tushon and I had playing the couple of runs we did. Payday is done really well. I just don't know about paying the 50$ to get beta access and make some in game junk easier. For sure down for more Payday 1 especially since we can run several jobs in an hour.

It really is a fantastic game from fantastic developers. Overkill has been handing out bans by the truckload - lifetime bans, no less - for anyone who's been caught cheating. And not caught by VAC - VAC doesn't work. They're watching streams, paying attention to YouTube, etcetera. There is a LOT of mad about that.

So if you can swing the $50, it's definitely worth supporting Overkill. It really is. Remember that they've put in writing that there will be absolutely NO DLC WHATSOEVER. No "microtransactions" no "pay to win" just "HERE, HAVE THE COMPLETE GAME." Any additional content produced will be free. Yes, as in zero dollars, zero cents, completely free.

In a market flooded with day-zero $20 DLC and pay to win, that's something worth supporting.
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

I mean, I could be down for that, as long as we had appropriate planning and we were super carefu--wait, you're talking about a game? NVM.

We are totally talking about video games. This is not a cunning ruse.
    edited August 2013
    I ended up playing with a hacker the other day, guy was running infinite health and ammo on a Bronco revolver.

So I played through with him made bank on an overkill bank heist.

And reported his ass to Overkill.

Anyways whenever you're on send me a message I'll totally play with you. Ily's the name Mastermind's the game.
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    It looks pretty awesome!
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Tushon said:

It was quite fun, but I'm not buying into more games atm. Free beta key would be nice, but I've got a backlog the size of your [general] mother on top of ongoing actual cash-money games.

Well nevermind that.
    I actually decided to go Ghost.

While Mastermind is neat and blowing up doors as a technician sounds incredible nobody plays Ghost for odd reasons and you can never have enough ECM/5 second lockpicks.
    Really need a group of IC guys to do the bank heist with. Pubbies just don't coordinate fast enough for a job that requires to the nanosecond timing to stealth properly
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    I have to purchase the Career Criminal Edition for the beta access?
    BlackHawk said:

That's my understanding. If you can wait until later today, I might have a beta code I can give you.
    Sonorous said:

BlackHawk said:

That's my understanding. If you can wait until later today, I might have a beta code I can give you.
    Sweet! Thanks.
    Sonorous said:

BlackHawk said:

This is correct. Career Criminal Edition gives you your own beta key and one to share with a friend. It also gives you all the in-game bonuses as listed in the Steam Store.

It's MUCH harder than Payday, too, I've found. Though that's due to the stupid weapon mod system being entirely drop dependent with no way to trade. I need mods for my Aug and it just won't give. :(
    I have a silencer on my bernetti and as long as my team is competent it's all I need.

again please rob shit with me scrubby pubbies ruining perfect plans.
    Ilriyas said:

I have a silencer on my bernetti and as long as my team is competent it's all I need.

again please rob shit with me scrubby pubbies ruining perfect plans.

Then poke me when you wanna heist, man.. I know a lot of the very high level folks and they have a habit of grabbing me. I know not why. :P
    Had some okay runs last night. No major failure minus one RATS mission, but our host's game crashed and we couldn't continue anyways. There are some major bugs that need to be fixed before release though, hit boxes are missing (can't shoot legs sometimes), random levels missing after a game crash, some stealthing issues and the random game crashes. I'm going to start attempting to log what I find and actually report these bugs seeing as I really want this game to be even more awesome than it already is in beta. I'll be playing on and off today so add me on steam if you haven't and message me.
    Tried my first mission solo and got my ass handed to me. The A.I. is worthless and I have to carry everything.
    The AI is currently in beta, same thing happened with Payday 1.
    Is it worth playing with pubs? I hear hacking is rampant.
    I've only met one hacker online, I reported him and haven't seen him since.

Overkill is pretty consistent on their banning practices the numbers there were at the start of the beta have dropped massively. If hackers DO show up Overkill pretty much has a kill switch the minute they're detected.

My only problem is that you only get /competent/ pubs rarely. (By which I mean ones who follow plans, listen to orders, etc. as the host it's generally your job to forumlate plans)

The only heists I've ever had fail were ones where people didn't follow the plan. (Running out for no reason, trying to secure a bag by themselves.)

People forget that it's a team game, work with your heist mates, don't travel unless you have a buddy as a contingency, report any specials that show up so they can be focused down, update the team on drill times, etc.

Ilriyas said:

I've only met one hacker online, I reported him and haven't seen him since.

Overkill is pretty consistent on their banning practices the numbers there were at the start of the beta have dropped massively. If hackers DO show up Overkill pretty much has a kill switch the minute they're detected.

My only problem is that you only get /competent/ pubs rarely. (By which I mean ones who follow plans, listen to orders, etc. as the host it's generally your job to forumlate plans)

The only heists I've ever had fail were ones where people didn't follow the plan. (Running out for no reason, trying to secure a bag by themselves.)

People forget that it's a team game, work with your heist mates, don't travel unless you have a buddy as a contingency, report any specials that show up so they can be focused down, update the team on drill times, etc.

As I said before: Overkill knows that VAC is worthless. Everyone knows VAC, so all the cheats work around it. It's that simple. VAC has been dead as an effective anti-cheat for years. Overkill is watching Twitch streams, taking screenshots, and the whole raft of evidence. If you see someone hacking or exploiting, screenshot it, FRAPS it, and send it to Overkill. They will cheerfully reward that player with a lifetime ban, absolutely no exceptions.

But yes, competent pubs is kind of random. I have good luck, but maybe I know how to find the clued folks. I don't know. Sometimes things go wrong, sometimes it's me, sometimes it's them. But yes, that's why I like Payday - it's teamwork oriented. Period.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Installed. I'm down for some burgle action tonight.
    Alright so here's a tidbit for team play. At least in context of job efficiency.

Whoever is the Mastermind needs to host the game, one of their abilities gives massive discounts on assets. An extra ammo/medi bag or even an ace pilot can mean the difference between success and failure.

Technicians with drill efficiency/silent drills (The former is more necessary than the latter) Are an absolute must on a drill job. It shaves about 20-30 seconds off a drill time and it means a tighter heist.

On a deposit job either a ghost with lockpicking or an enforcer with a power saw are a definite requirement. The Ghost is slightly slower but they're by far more efficient, especially in terms of ammo usage. (An Enforcer will need 2 full ammo bags to open every lock box, which means that his ammo bags are immediately called for, meaning again less ammunition, and therefore less survivability for the group as a whole unless the techie doesn't bring sentries or trip mines and/or the asset ammo bag holds out)

Always use spot on specials, it only takes one bulldozer or a good taser to down 2 or even 3 of your mates in CQC.

It is the masterminds job beyond squad support to make non special cops surrender, if they put their arms up don't shoot. They can either be converted or used as hostage negotiation.

The Techie if they have drill upgrades should always be the one to set them up/fix them they're faster and more efficient as mentioned above.

Unless the mastermind is answering pagers you can only answer twice before the alarm is sounded (Mastermind + smooth talker gives 3) security guards surrender more easily than anyone else with a good smack from a Mastermind. If you want proper stealth jobs make sure to hit them out of sight of others. If the ghost can bag them and they do need to be killed then make sure to toss them in a dumpster.

I'll add more as it comes along. Expect a semi comprehensive bank heist guide later.
    BobbyDigi
    I got an extra beta key for an established forum member if they want it. First to request it gets it when I get home.
    BobbyDigi
    edited August 2013
    LMK and I'll help with the guides.. RATS is by far the easiest guide to write though. So I'll get it started.

First of all, a message from our mission sponsor:
    POWERTHIRST!

This is a three parter, and for the most part, you can forget stealth. There is no way to stealth it. You will not be doing anything particularly cunning or requiring lock picking. You will however, be shooting a LOT of people. And getting shot a lot.

Day One
    You'll be dropped off outside a run down abandoned house. Time to make some Powerthirst^WCrystal Meth! As soon as you get near the house, you're going to get shot at by thugs. There is no stealth method. DON'T GO INTO THE HOUSE RIGHT AWAY. One, more thugs inside. Two, it starts the police spawns. Instead, around the property you'll find two small sheds and an entry to a basement on the side opposite from where you arrive.
    Inside these sheds and the basement you'll find the ingredients you need - everyone should pick up a set of three ingredients. Caustic Soda, Muriatic Acid and Hydrogen. You can only carry one set, and placement is random. You'll also find planks for boarding windows randomly outside and inside, so keep an eye out. You want those.
    Now enter the house and kill the remaining thugs. You'll find the cooks already dead, so time to get your hands dirty. DON'T ADD ANY INGREDIENTS IMMEDIATELY. WAIT FOR BAIN. If you put in ANYTHING unprompted or the wrong ingredient, you will cause the house to burst into flames as the lab explodes and kills everyone. This is obviously a bad thing. WAIT for Bain to tell you which ingredient. Make sure you use the correct item - your HUD will tell you which item is for which ingredient. If you add the wrong one, BOOM.
    At this point, cops start spawning. Remember those planks you got? In the small room off to the side, board THOSE windows up and place your ammo and med bags down in there. This gives you a safe spot to retreat to. Otherwise? You need to stay together, in the lab, and be prepared for hell. Cops will come from all sides and directions. As you finish batches, DO NOT TAKE THEM OUT. Throw them in with the med and ammo. You want to cook four if you can, but three is the minimum.
    When you've cooked four bags, wait for the assault to end, then load them in the van. If you load them before the assault ends, it becomes an endless assault. Again: don't load ANY bags until you have at least 3, preferably 4.

ESCAPE!
    This part only happens if you screw up Day One - or just randomly. We're still not sure yet. Shoot your way past the cops - stick together at all costs. There are some shortcuts randomly available. If they're there, use them. DON'T FORGET THE BAGS.

Day Two - The Trade
    Don't. Frigging. Shoot. Take the bags. Throw them in the back of the truck.
    Before you do this decide if you are A) going to give up the Meth B) going to steal it back. Stealing it back is profitable as hell, but you need to be prepared.
    If you are going to steal it back: only one person will go to get the intelligence and make the trade. Wait for them to get back. Then simply pick up the bags off the truck - at which point all hell breaks loose. Grab bags, shoot back, run like hell. There are a LOT of guns that will be shooting at you VERY quickly. You want to get out as quick as you can.

Day Three - Bus Full Of Cash
    You find yourself on a bridge. With stopped traffic. And a lot of cops. And a bus. A bus you are going to fill with holes. This bus has members of a rival cartel onboard - your mission is to kill them. The police assaults are nearly endless for the duration.
    What about the cash? Yes - cash. On the bus. In suitcases. Boobytrapped with C4. Whoever has the best defusing skills should be handling retrieving the cash - up to 14 bags in all. Not all suitcases are boobytrapped, but if you miss one, all the money is gone AND you die. The remaining players should spread out to cover the bus against a LOT of cops. Be prepared for many special units as well. Use cars for cover.
    Once all the money is bagged, you get to the fun part. You want to sit tight till the SECOND helicopter comes. Yes, there is a second one, after the first. It will usually be on the side of the bridge, but it's impossible to know which. Relay the money bags to the helicopter as quickly as you can. These bags then need to be thrown INTO the second helicopter - if you miss, the money is gone. And no, they don't go in the escape helicopter. So don't relay them there. And it has to land INSIDE THE HELICOPTER. So be careful. Once you've loaded the money, while dealing with the endless assault, head for the escape and you're done!
    BobbyDigiUPSLynx
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    Who wants to rob a jewelry store with me tonight?