Building a new computer with a budget. Need feedback/help

Alright, I already bought the case. It's the: Thermaltake Commander MS-I Snow Edition VN40006W2N No PS Mid Tower Case (Black/White)

Other than that, here is what I am putting in.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6 Core

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+ Motherboard

Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card

Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer

I am also getting a wireless network adapter

All of this will cost about 700 dollars, which is what i am trying to keep it under.
My main concern is if there are any issues/incompatibilities, like will everything fit in my case?
Please help me out and let me know! Thanks!

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited August 2013
    CPU: Good
    Cooler: Good
    Motherboard: I would pick Gigabyte or ASUS
    Memory: Pretty sure you want 2x4GB for dual channel
    Storage: Meh. Nothing against WD, but this will be your bottleneck if you can't budget an SSD
    Video: GTX 760 is a great card. I would take EVGA over MSI
    PSU: Should be fine, would go 600w.
    Optical: People still use these?
    Gaming: Don't use WiFi imo, it still has lag

Should fit in case no problem.
    ExtraRadical
  • RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    MSI is fine - they're on my shortlist for a reason. But that specific board is not. G46, G65 and GD65V2 or GD80 are all fine since it's a 95W. If you plan to upgrade the CPU ever, it has to be a GD65 or GD80 - the G46 and G65 were never properly tested with the 125W+ CPUs and WILL fry.

You must have 2x4GB or 2x8GB for that CPU. I'd recommend Mushkin or Kingston over Crucial - they're likely to be cheaper for better quality. Especially Mushkin.

Skip the blue, get the Black. Should only be a few bucks more. Blue is fine for secondary or low performance RAID, always use Black for primary or high performance RAID when you can't use RE4's.

Corsair CX series is basically little better than the $50 gutless wonders, at a much higher price. Go with a SeaSonic SSR-450RM - it's much higher quality and the same price.

Screw the Asus DVD. $18 is still overpriced. Get a Samsung or Lite-On.
    ExtraRadical
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    fatcat said:

Gaming: Don't use WiFi imo, it still has lag

Not noticeable to anyone unless you're worried about a few milliseconds. I've used 802.11n as my only connection for over a year without a single problem with either the connection or latency.
    ExtraRadical
  • I'm going to college so im not 100% sure if i'll have a wired connection, so that's why im getting the WiFi card.

So would this motherboard be better? Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3

And i'll get this for Memory: Kingston Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

And what about this for Video: Gigabyte GV-N760OC-2GD REV2.0
  • RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    edited August 2013

So would this motherboard be better? Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3

Nope. It's discontinued - for a reason. Presumably the massive BIOS problems in the baseline build - the new 970 boards use an entirely different baseline BIOS. (Apparently the DS3 won't even boot Windows 8 reliably due to BIOS.)

The GA-970A-D3P, GA-970A-UD3, and GA-990FXA-UD3, UD5 and UD7 are fine.
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    Flux Capacitor
  • Alright, I've changed the motherboard to the GA-970A-UD3.

Thanks for all the help.