For your rumor debunking pleasure: L4D3

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited July 2013 in Gaming
Nothing to see here, Move along.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=573769

Just noticed that the image all of this is based off of is dated May 31st...

the AppID, Hasn't been updated in 3 months.

L4D3.ru exists (Private Whois) Debunked a week ago by l4ddev on Twitter.

Above domain displays a page with a countdown to around the 21st/22nd of August. This likes up with gamescom in Germany.

If you come across anything interesting, throw it on here and lets all not believe any of it together :)

-Digi

Comments

• BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    cola
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    I still consider L4D2 a rare misstep by Valve. Scuttled the longevity of the franchise.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    I think L4D2 is a lot stronger than L4D1, though I'm not sure it was anything more than a glorified character pack.
    I didn't say it wasn't better, I said they done screwed up by doing them back-to-back. Getting 4 friends together is harder when they're split between versions, and it caused the whole thing to fizzle when half of us upgraded and the others just gave up.
    GnomeQueenUPSLynx
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    That I will agree with. :) Your comment wasn't clear to me.
  • I really should reinstall both L4Ds.... I haven't played them in too long.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    ardichoke said:

I really should reinstall both L4Ds.... I haven't played them in too long.

I ran into that the other night. Invited to play, wasn't installed :-/

-Digi
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I installed L4D2 for this reason.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    It's pretty fun. I'm glad we're playing again.

But if L4D3 comes out before HL3 I'm going to shit a brick.
    PirateNinjaUPSLynx
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I think these two games have the most amount of my steam play time with 300+hrs on both, lol! The random pvp groups I've been a part of are just...ridiculously hilarious or a damn good amount of fun.
    _k
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    ^That is the best part of the game normally for me. Spend an hour or two before team play/skrims pubin' around. The horrible jokes and wth moments with randos doing really weird things, oh the joys of VS rage quits.....going hours without finishing a full set.
    JBoogalooUPSLynx
  • It's pretty fun. I'm glad we're playing again.

Will you then take that brick and beat GabeN senseless with it? Because I feel like he would deserve it.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    ardichoke said:

It's pretty fun. I'm glad we're playing again.

Will you then take that brick and beat GabeN senseless with it? Because I feel like he would deserve it.
    Only if that actually gets HL3 out. Going to jail for assault with a deadly weapon would be silly otherwise. Totes worth it if I finally get to find out what happened.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    I stopped caring about HL[nevercomingout] a long time ago

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    Its k guys, L4D3 is actually HL3, just 4 people instead of one.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    ardichoke said:

fatcat said:

I stopped caring about HL[nevercomingout] a long time ago

Don't lie to yourself, you'll preorder it on day 1 once it's available. Just like the rest of us.
    I actually didn't buy Orange Box for a few weeks after it's release (I already had Ep1 and was peeved you couldn't buy just Ep2 at the time). So far the only games I've pre-ordered have been Bioware and Guild Wars 2
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited August 2013
    L4D3 on Source2 engine. Leak from VALVe tour during The International prelims.

@NiGHTS There's someone working on L4D3 just like there's been people working on Episode 3 the last seven years. Doesn't mean something like it does at other game companies. They march to their own drummer.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    There is just one guy set up in an office at the back of a bathroom using a PC from 1999 trying to finish HL3, cry because nobody can hear him. Forgotten in his toilet office.
    UPSLynxRahnalH102
    Also, note the "product" is Source2, as is the prefix on those lines. It's possible L4D3 is just L4D2 converted to the next-gen source engine for testing purposes. Both items reference unit testing, not features.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    Lincoln said:

@NiGHTS There's someone working on L4D3 just like there's been people working on Episode 3 the last seven years. Doesn't mean something like it does at other game companies. They march to their own drummer.

...which is why I posted the picture in the rumor thread?

TiberiusLazarusUPSLynxGnomeQueenJBoogaloo
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited August 2013
    Lincoln said:

L4D3 is just L4D2 converted to the next-gen source engine for testing purposes. Both items reference unit testing, not features.

Lincoln confirmed for secret L4D3 lead programmer.

PirateNinja
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited August 2013
    cola said:

Its k guys, L4D3 is actually HL3, just 4 people instead of one.

Left 4 Life Fortress 3

Single player is continuation of Half Life series.

Multiplayer has class based Coop including survival and team based Vs.

At any time you can wear your hats.

-Digi
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    So I've been mum about this because meh. I love L4D but it's not what I want Valve to be working on, but you all knew I was going to say that anyways.

I don't actually believe this, but what if L4D3 was Valve's codename for HL2E3/HL3? I mean, they're the kind of company that would totally do something like that. I remember when L4D2 was announced at E3, so many people were convinced prior to the announce that it was going to be Episode 3. By now, the whole thing is sort of a joke with Valve that they've acknowledged numerous times before. If they wanted to, they could totally codename HL3 as L4D3 to throw people off and troll them.

but that's not what's actually happening, because they're never releasing HL3.