RED ALERT! SOPA IS BACK FROM THE GRAVE!

Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian ScoundrelIndianapolis, IN Icrontian
edited August 2013 in Community
SOPA, the weapon of internet destruction which we worked so hard to defeat last year is back! That's right, the election year is over, time to start screwing us over once again! So Denizens of the internet, it is time to arm up, once more, we are at war!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/07/unauthorized-streaming-felony_n_3720479.html
http://gotgame.com/2013/08/17/introducing-sopa-3-0/
Canti

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    I think that video rant does disservice to the cause.

The best thing that came out of the SOPA debacle was the Internet Defense League, the code for which is embedded in this site. I'm also on their mailing list, which I recommend. When it's time to start screaming bloody murder, we'll all know. Until then, I think a cooler approach is warranted.
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    edited August 2013
    I also added the Huffington post link above that
    for that matter let me just extract the rant, you're right actual news works far better.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    SOPA never really went away. The bill as it stood was rejected and has since gone through changes. I doubt we will actually ever be rid of SOPA as companies will always try and protect their properties.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited August 2013
    PirateNinjaCanti
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Koreish said:

SOPA never really went away. The bill as it stood was rejected and has since gone through changes. I doubt we will actually ever be rid of SOPA as companies will always try and protect their properties.

And Congress will continue to protect companies :)
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    Because companies are people.
    Sonorous
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited August 2013
    Koreish said:

Because companies are people.

Really, really, really god-awful rich people... and campaigns don't pay for themselves!
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    It's true. Congress and big business are the biggest circle-jerk in the world.
    UPSHitman