9178 Wyoming License Plate

PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
edited August 2012 in Team Fortress 2
Ok, tin foil hate time.

I played for about 20 minutes tonight to try out the new map, koth_king. It's an OK map, and my immediate impression is that the creators of that new game that has a ton of special new weapons really paid Valve a lot of money to throw this marketing package together. That is, preorder the game and get special weapons and here is a special map just about this game. It's new territory for promotion that I don't care for, but it seems to be the natural progression of things.

Anyway, who cares. More free maps and items for me. All good.

As I am pyro killing away, this happens:

I've never seen that license plate before. Anybody have any clue about the numbers, date, etc? Does it mean anything? Or is this just random?
primesuspectmertesnBuddyJGargCreeperbane2trooster89

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    It's Baaaaaaaack

-Digi
    BuddyJRahnalH102
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited March 2013
    Paid product placement from Wyoming Board of Tourism?

That actually wouldn't be a bad income strategy for Valve. Could have a set of gear with bandanas, Winchester repeater, and lassos. $10 cowboy hats with $5 going back to Wyoming...
  • Maybe it's the engineer's truck plate from meet the engineer.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

Maybe it's the engineer's truck plate from meet the engineer.

Thought he was from Texas.
  • The truck could be from anywhere.
    The number 24 is on the license plate in silly gibs. It's also the number on the toolbox the engineer sits on in meet the engineer.

Maybe the truck behind the engineer in the video isn't his, it is afterall a blue truck and the blue team is trying hard to secure the area (or get their truck back?). Note that the license plate also has a blue sticker on it.

-- tin foil tf2 hat --
  • More tin foil hat:

I watched meet the engineer again. The truck has a big blu team emblem on the door, and the back is full of intel.
    So just for fun, let's say this license plate does belong to the truck in that video. How is that important?

Maybe because they want us to know that video takes place in Wyoming. It makes sense with the buttes in the background and overall landscape.

But so what if they are in Wyoming? What is the engineer doing guarding a truckload of blu intelligence in Wyoming? Why does his sentry launch rockets skyward in the end of the video? Is some blu flying thing out in Wyoming? WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?!
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    (3^3)-3=24

HALFLIFE 3 CONFIRMED.
    pigflipper
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

The 3rd appearance. During the last night or LoEI Season 3!

-Digi
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    Or possibly it's just a random like everything else about the pyro.