Civ 5 - Rage Against the Machine(s)

BasilBasil NubcaekEngland Icrontian
edited June 2014 in Civilization
Time for another Civ 5 game.
And since nobody in speculative fiction has yet realized AIs are a crapshoot I need ~5 of you to put down this genocidal dick:

It'll be a co-op game, Icrontians as one team of humies pitted against an equal number of 'King' or 'Emperor' AIs bent on our destruction.

No city states, one city challenge (humans get a single settlement each) and only Domination/Science victory conditions (kill the 'bots or flee to spess BSG style).

Any takers?
PirateNinja

Comments

• IN.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Yus
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    sure.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    In
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    In?
  • cola said:

In?

so....? yes? plz yes. civ 5 needs moar cola
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    I wanna play!
  • @BlackHawk , what expansion packs (if any) do you own for Civ5?
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian

@BlackHawk , what expansion packs (if any) do you own for Civ5?

Don't really know how to check but I think I have the Gold edition and Brave New World.

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    You should be good then. The Gold edition has all the expansions up until BNW and then if you have BNW too you're good to go.
    So how does that system you guys use to play together work? I've never used it.
  • Start here:
    http://multiplayerrobot.com/Download

As long as you are on Basil's steam friends list he will be able to invite you to the game. The rest will come.
    Will we require BNW for this game?

• It depends, if everyone has BNW we will go BNW. If not, we will go to the next tier down. At least I think that is the plan.

Basically -- no person left behind. If you want in, just say what your highest expansion is and we will go with that as the requirement.

(warning: I speak on behalf of Basil, possibly in error)
  • Actually, this just in. You have to take your Gandhi turn if you want in.
    I JUST GOT HOME FROM WORK! YOU MEANIE!
  • Ilriyas said:

I JUST GOT HOME FROM WORK! YOU MEANIE!

Yay money! Congrats. Take your turn when you want ofc. I just like teasing you because I like you and I'm 9 years old.
    BobbyDigimidga
    GMR installed and friend invite sent to Basil. Now to find some tutorials/guides for this game.
  • I'm interested in joining this one. I have GNK but haven't dropped the money for BNW yet.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    Cheers for the awesome response, invites are out, pick any faction you like.

Gone with Gods and Kings expansion, a 3 day turn timer and we're gonna have just 4 AI's to the 8 humies as I didn't want to bump people. The AI's will therefore be set to Immortal difficulty.

Good Luck!
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    Can you turn on DLC civs, so I can be Babylon?
    Anyone not got the Babylon DLC?
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    I don't have Babylon
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    Any more room?
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited September 2013
    I don't think there is... but I'll add myself as a reservist, should a spot open up, behind Gargoyle.
    In that case I'm starting a second game in parallel (leaving us with proper 6vs6 teams).

I've just setup a full DLC one and invited those of you who I think meet the prerequisites:
    @PirateNinja
    @CB
    @CrazyJoe
    @Cola (steam says you do have babylon)
    @Blackhawk

The original Gods and Kings game roster will therefore be:
    @Ilriyas
    @GHoosdum
    @Gargoyle
    @Nights

This leaves one spot open in the G&K game, unless somebody new joins it will go to Dan as he was the first player to 'in'.

Will start games tomorrow night; emperor AI, regular speed, modern era start, no religion, no ruins, half the usual city states and regular aggro barbarians on a 'world' map plus the aforementioned settings.

Any questions/comments?
  • This leaves one spot open in the G&K game, unless somebody new joins it will go to Dan as he was the first player to 'in'.
    I have plenty of civ games going on right now, so if please someone take it. However, If nobody wants the spot I will take it.
    I own all the DLC btw
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited September 2013
    Will be my first go-around as Ethiopia. Should be the perfect fit for a domination, should we choose to go that route.

Edit: ...or would Persia be more useful - just create a production juggernaut and stack golden ages? THIS THREAD NEEDS MORE TEAMCOMP DISCUSSION!
    Ilriyas said:

I own all the DLC btw

Not Brave New World.
    NiGHTS said:

THIS THREAD NEEDS MORE TEAMCOMP DISCUSSION!

Pft, everyone knows you pick your civ based on how much that factions stereotypes amuse you.

ErrorNullTurnip