GTA V breaks its first record: Most Expensive Game to Develop

Comments

• JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I may just pick it up for one of my consoles. Money depending, of course.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    This is really amazing. I was on the fence about getting the game, but as it gets closer I am seriously considering picking it up. Anyone else getting the game? The multiplayer looks pretty amazing.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    I hope there will be a proper PC port. I'm not getting a console just to play GTAV. Or will I...?
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Meaning it will need to sell something like 10 billion copies to make a profit. I'm just gonna go ahead and predict this will be considered a massive failure by Rockstar even if it's a great game.
    midga
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    I'm not interested in console GTA.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    VA expensive
  • PinkPink Colour Sweden Icrontian
    I am totally getting this game and I am totally getting the PC version.
    This is gonna be hella fun!
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Yep, I think I'll wait for a PC version, it does look awesome though! GTA Online doesn't open up until Oct 1 so we should be good sometime this fall.
  • So if you factor in the cost of marketing, you figure they sell five million units and they break even? Seems like a terrible risk to take this late in those consoles life cycle? You are competing with the excitement of new hardware as well as a boat load of less expensive content.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited September 2013
    PC version will come out, no matter what R* says, probably 6 months out if the past has proven anything.

I'll buy it on PC when the time comes, but I'm actually thinking about buying it on PS3 to play the singleplayer on.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    I'll buy it on PC 2 years from now when it's only $20 on steam
    CBBobbyDigi
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    Going to pay full retail on Steam.

Still upset at R* for not releasing RDR on PC unless they miraculously bundle it with GTA5.
  • GTA IV was a miserable experience on PC. Ported horribly, performance as awful even on high end PC's. There were similar issues with L.A. Noire. For Rockstar the PC is not a development priority, they are just going to port whatever they can sloppy if they think they can make money on it. I'd say if you are desperate to play GTA V, get the PS3 bundle and don't hold your breath for a port to PC, because even if it happens it's going to run like garbage.
    Ilriyasmidga
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    First Day Sales for GTA V Clear $800 Million

Dunno about you, but it seems that $267 mil seems to have paid off.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited September 2013
    $800M in sales the first 24hrs? I'd say so :)