It's coming up on ten years ago now . . . . . . . when the lights went out.

BuiesCreek847BuiesCreek847 In a van, down by the river, NC Icrontian
You go to bed at the end of any other day. You wake up the next morning to find your favorite home away from home is literally gone.

Remember . ..

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?228549-Team-Icrontics-home-away-from-home

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?229244-The-Latest-Team-Icrontic-Information-Found-Here

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?230779-Thankyou-from-Team-Icrontic-Short-Media

My, how our world has changed in those short ten years.

How y'all doing?
BuddyJLincGHoosdumUPSLynxGarg

Comments

• MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    *points to the "What are you drinking" thread*
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    I wasn't around for that but I know it played an important part in Icrontic/Short-Media history

It's nice you've come back to say Hi :)
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    Wow! has it really been 10 years since that mess? So much has changed...

Hey @BuiesCreek847, if at all possible you should head to Detroit for EXPO Icrontic 2013. I know you'd be welcomed with open arms.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    Holy cow @BuiesCreek847 so good to hear from you! This is General Keebler. :D I do believe I still owe you every beer ever if you make it to Detroit.

@primesuspect @Shorty @CyrixInstead @TBonz @Fatcat @Blackhawk @Gargoyle @Leonardo @GHoosdum @Kwitko @Preacher @shwaip
    GHoosdum
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    Yo Buies! Long time man, still some of us old timers on here!
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Man, that was incredible reading those threads. I've heard so much about this moment, but never gotten a chance to see the threads where it all went down. Thanks for sharing those.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    It was hilarious to see the discussions about post counts. Such paltry numbers! And mourning over the BT.

What is sad, though, is to see the names of the community members who have been lost or otherwise left since the site came back together. I love our current community every bit as much, but I do miss some of those old timers.
    GHoosdum said:

What is sad, though, is to see the names of the community members who have been lost or otherwise left since the site came back together. I love our current community every bit as much, but I do miss some of those old timers.

I see the inverse: It's astounding how little turnover there's been.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    You're right, of course, there has been remarkable stability, but there are a few I remember from ten years ago who aren't around any more. At this point it's easier to remember the good times we had with them than any bad blood from when they left.
    GHoosdum said:

At this point it's easier to remember the good times we had with them than any bad blood from when they left.

I agree, but then again we're the ones who are still here. :)
    CyrixInstead
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    :wave:@BuiesCreek847

I miss that old Icrontic.

UPSLynxMt_Goat
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited May 2013
    Good to see you again @BuiesCreek847!
    BuddyJ said:

Hey @BuiesCreek847, if at all possible you should head to Detroit for EXPO Icrontic 2013. I know you'd be welcomed with open arms.

Lincoln said:

Holy cow @BuiesCreek847 so good to hear from you! This is General Keebler. :D I do believe I still owe you every beer ever if you make it to Detroit.

A nice calm orderly line will have to be formed so that everyone can give @BuiesCreek847 a beer in turn. Or hugs if you don't drink. Actually, this is Icrontic - you'd be getting the hugs either way.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian

Thanks for the warm welcome folks. It's good to hear from those who've been around the block or so.

Still folding. ;) A recent new job has me have access to a few systems to fold in the background. It's crazy the points one gets per WU these days. Remember when a BIG WU netted 10 points? I actually have my last farm build still standing though I don't run it as the hardware is stupidly outdated for Folding.

The kids are grown, working and paying taxes. The wife just retired this past Friday.

Lately, I'm piddling around with racing a diesel pick-up (small fry in the scheme of things). The wife and I spend most weekends fixing up the beach-place when possible.

Life's good. :)

How many PPD does that inkjet put out? :D
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    Great to see you again BuiesCreek. Seems like time flies when you're having fun!
    primesuspect
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    Isn't the Internet a wonderful thing? Nice to see you again @BuiesCreek847
    primesuspect
  • BuiesCreek847BuiesCreek847 In a van, down by the river, NC Icrontian
    shwaip said:

How many PPD does that inkjet put out? :D

LOL! If you look hard, there's some IDE slots in a few of those boards.

• TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    My how time flies. Hello old friends. :)
    primesuspectStraight_ManKwitkoGarg
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    I'm late to the party, but I remember you well, BC. You folks were the best friends one could hope for.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Leo!
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    Ahh Folding, that thing replaced your need for dedicated heating equiptment.