Gaming Pub opening in Orlando Spring 2014

CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
I have been watching with great interest the progress of a new pub that will be opening down here in Orlando next Spring called The Cloak & Blaster. It's basically a pub that is going to be dedicated totally to gamers. They just started a Kickstarter campaign. I have already pledged so feel free to do so as well. I'd definitely love to lead an IC outing there once it opens next Spring. Check it out.
mertesnGattsuUPSHitman

Comments

• GattsuGattsu Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    I wish them the best, they ought to get some good business in the UCF area. Unfortunately, it's still a good hour drive from me :(. I might just have to pitch in for a t shirt.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    I have been theorizing opening a gaming bar in Cincinnati for a long time, but it waaaaaay out of my price range. I calculated an estimated startup cost of somewhere near 600k for all the stuff I wanted to do, with location, and equipment. The eventual goal is to actually hold mini tournaments and stuff, while also having some good drunk friendly arcade games (where you can safely drink and drive/race).

I will be interested to see how they fare down there.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    From what I've read that's about what their start up costs are as well. I hope it fares well too. I know I will be throwing my business to them.
    JBoogaloo
    If anyone is interested in backing this it only has a little under two days left. There are still a few stretch goals left. I am going to a meetup organized by the owners of this for a theater showing of Day of the Doctor next Monday!
    Stretch Goal #4 by the way is having a lifesized Tardis installed in the pub.
    GHoosdum
    Less than an hour left. They met their third stretch goal. Last goal is the Tardis. I participated in the Google Hangout last night with the owners and it was a blast. I can't wait for this place to open.
    midga
  • I have an idea for a pub that's so unique, so wonderful that I'm afraid to share it because some jerk will franchise it before I get around to it.
    midga
  • BetsyDBetsyD Cincinnati, OH Icrontian

There is a gaming pub in Columbus that also started as a kickstarter. By all accounts it is doing very well but we haven't gotten a chance to visit. http://kingmakerscolumbus.com/