The Icrontic WoW 2014 discussion

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited November 2013 in World of Warcraft
We began playing World of Warcraft as a community some time around 2008 or 2009; I believe it was during an ICOK (Icrontic Oktoberfest) event that a bunch of people got together and bought WoW one drunken night, and a guild was born.

Originally a Horde guild on Tortheldrin, the ebb and flow of time brought us, in fits and starts, through several incarnations of the guild, and the glory days ended a couple of years ago with the bulk of the IC guild moved to Kel'Thuzad as an Alliance guild.

There have been a few attempts to reboot the guild but they all fell flat.

Well, we're trying it again. People have been rumbling and grumbling that we don't have a community-building game anymore. We just sort of spin our wheels on the same few games or go through spurts of excitement about a new game that a small group of people gravitate towards but burn out quickly. During the best days of the IC Guild, we had a blast.

So, here's what you need to know:

The guild is on Kel'Thuzad. The guild is Alliance. You really need to join us on Mumble as well. There's a badge too.

Let's do it!
JBoogalooTushonRyanFodderChoochIlriyasTeramonaAlidra

Comments

• JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I love this post and seeing as how WoW was my intro into the whole MMO world, I do miss what I had with a good number of friends when this first came out. I'm looking forward to at least a couple ridiculous fun times with these great IC people, and that'll make it all worth it :)
    RyanFodder
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    I guess I'll get Mist. Make a Panda and name him FriRie.
    RyanFoddermidgaUPSLynx
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Which expansions do I need to play with you guys? I figure I'll try a month or so if it isn't my thing then eh no harm done.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Off to an inauspicious start: Meet Kesper, my new Worgen mage.

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    oh god what am I doing
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

oh god what am I doing

This.
    JBoogaloomidga
  • CharshieCharshie Hollywood, California Icrontian
    It was a ton of fun instancing with you guys tonight. This is going to be great ;)
    Oh boo, I left early because sleep and this early morning work BS, lol!
  • HydrarHydrar Columbia, MD Icrontian
    edited November 2013
    I've been holding down the fort the past few months. Guild is up to level 22 - some nice perks available now. Also, I have lots of mats in the guild bank for leveling professions.

Glad to see a renewed interest. I've been having fun in WoW - even solo. MoP 5-mans and raids have been lots of fun. The music in Pandaland is also great, so be sure to turn on sound!

I'll be around and can help out as needed. I have a Leatherworker, Engineer, Enchanter, Alchemist, and Jewelcrafter, and experience with all of the Pandaria content.
    JBoogaloo
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    edited November 2013
    Ugh. Damn.

I -MIGHT- join up with you guys. I'd have to buy the games again though, considering I lost both of my accounts long ago to Battle.net's absolutely horrid security.

I'll try out the trial on a new one and see if I can get back into it before the end of the week.

PS: Go Prime! I was primarily an Alliance player, myself.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Oh god, I hate you all!! What expansions do we need if we want to play? I only have the first two from the first iteration of the guild.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    Ooohhhhhh man!
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    CrazyJoe said:

Oh god, I hate you all!! What expansions do we need if we want to play? I only have the first two from the first iteration of the guild.

If you want to get "all the way", you need all expansions. You can wait and buy them as you get to the areas though, if you like.
    JBoogaloo
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    If you get sent a scroll, I think it bumps you up to cata or something?
    edited November 2013
    midga said:

If you get sent a scroll, I think it bumps you up to cata or something?

Right you are ... :)

The New Scroll of Resurrection

Players that successfully invite a friend to rejoin World of Warcraft will receive a Horde [Spectral Wind Rider] or a Alliance [Spectral Gryphon], while their friend receives:
    One character instantly boosted to level 80
    One free character move to the player's (that invited) faction/realm
    A free upgrade to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
    7 free days of game time
    Notes

The returning player will also:
    Have their bags replaced with 4 20-slot bags.
    Have First-aid trained up to 450.
    Have equipped one of the Cataclysm starting sets, exclusive to the Scroll of Resurrection system before Patch 5.3.0.
    And have all previously worn gear, items that were in the bags, and your replaced bags mailed to the player.
    Pandaren characters who have not yet chosen a faction (Alliance or Horde) are ineligible for the level boost. Monks are also ineligible, regardless of race.

So, PM me your email address joe and I'll send you a scroll :)
    Well damn...why am I even leveling an old 50?
    So are we releveling from scratch or using scrolls?
  • Those who had access to use scrolls are generally using scrolls to get straight to 80.

Those who had characters on the server or are willing to pay for the transfer are doing so.

Those who don't meet the above or want to relevel, are.
    I'm guessing a bit of both. Scrolls (if enough available, still unsure if they're a one and done deal) for those with nothing or really low level and for those that choose to finish leveling, they can.
    edited November 2013
    Prime is leveling from 0 and I may do one as well. I've now got an 80 rogue via scroll and may move my 85 paladin over via faction change and transfer. We'll see. Use a scroll in any case, so that you can get a boost, transfer and upgrade to Cata for free as in beer and then level a new character if you want to do so separately.
    edited November 2013
    Alright, alright, I'm taking the plunge. I'm gonna pick up Pandaren box set and 60-day timecard after work today.

Since I had to make a new account and everytbing, I'm actually eligible for that Recruitment Bonus thing with one of you guys. Get a mount and levelling boosts and stuff. Who wants it?
    Free mount is cool. I'd be down for that. I got the Zebra or whatever for Prime I believe back in the olden days. Message me your email. So is Barrens chat still as bad as it used to be?
    So does this character scroll thing work if my only characters are Horde, or do I create an Alliance character and then use the scroll to upgrade it?
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I ended up upgrading to Mists of Pandaria or whatever. Does that give me access to the earlier expansions as well? Just an extended bump to my earlier question.
    edited November 2013
    And the free 10 day trial of Mists runs right up to Black Friday where I can pick up Mists for $10. Also Gamestop is offering a 60 day card for $5 as well (and one free with Mists of Panderia.) Might pick up a few.
    JBoogaloo messaged me not even a minute after I posted that and claimed it. Sorry man.

I dunno if Barrens Chat is as bad as it used to be, but that ain't gonna stop me from uttering POWER WORD: CHUCK NORRIS every time I pass through and seeing what shakes out.
    The benefit of having a VERY slowwwwwww day, lol. Thanks, dude :)
  • HydrarHydrar Columbia, MD Icrontian
    Strongly encourage folks to stick around until the Level 90 content. MoP is a great expansion.
    edited November 2013
    CrazyJoe said:

And the free 10 day trial of Mists runs right up to Black Friday where I can pick up Mists for $10. Also Gamestop is offering a 60 day card for $5 as well (and one free with Mists of Panderia.) Might pick up a few.

I read that using scroll and then the Mists trial was legit to do for 17 days of play time, for those looking to bridge the gap who didn't already use (or buy) MoP trial