The Icrontic WoW 2014 discussion

Comments

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Is anyone planning a "who is doing what" thing?

If so: lvl 85 Shadow priest / holy off spec
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Level 4ish (Right now) Paladin, not sure what I'm planning on building. Never played this game before.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    God, you guys would pick this up right after I "quit"
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    Just picked up Mist. I'm making a Panda Monk.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    For y'all's server, I'll be leveling a fire mage from 1. Any help with the leveling process would be appreciated.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I'm probably going to be leveling either a warlock or a huntard up as well, so I can run around with whoever is low.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    Leveling from 1. I'd rather learn how to play from the start again than try to go balls to the wall at 85 after being gone for two years.

I liquidated 3 of my toons, kept one 85 as a bank whore, and started with a nice wad of gold to level with. I also found my heirloom gear in the remote corners of my Worgen's bank lol

Once I get off the stupid Panda turtle island that doesn't even have a mailbox and actually join the guild/alliance I'll be down for leveling with people
    MAGIC
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    It'd really depend. My favorite character back when I used to play was a Gnome Fury Warrior. But really, it'll depend on what all we need I guess. Maybe I'll go priest or something. It depends on if I'm flying solo or not.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I got the 50 huntard, so Id totally be up for helping gear up lower levels good stuffs wise. If I get a scroll to move my 85 warrior from horde to ally id help that way too
    JBoogaloo said:

I got the 50 huntard, so Id totally be up for helping gear up lower levels good stuffs wise. If I get a scroll to move my 85 warrior from horde to ally id help that way too

I don't think you can get a scroll once you've activated your account, mate.
    Well, fuck...
    You can still do a faction change and server transfer, though I imagine there is some arbitrary fee for doing so :/
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    edited November 2013
    @JBoogaloo - Relax, the thing you're doing with me is fine. You can use the Recruit-a-friend within 30 days or something of the account being created. I made sure to check that out before I started signing up.

EDIT: Annnd I looked back over the exchange and just realised that wasn't what you were talking about. Hooray, reading comprehension while working!
    @Bhhammy, LOL! Finally someone else has "while working" reading comprehension problems, too! ;D
    @Tushon, yeah I'm not THAT hard up about transferring that guy, lol!
  • SusurroSusurro Dubuque, IA Icrontian
    I've got a level 90 Resto Shaman with an Ele off spec in the guild. I'm currently debating leveling a monk or mage to join in some of these low level shenanigans. I suppose a tank monk would be more beneficial, but we'll see.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Ugh, so I tried to login to my Battle.net account and I put in the Authenticator code from the app on my phone and it won't take it. So apparently I have to send them a copy of my driver's license to get the authenticator removed so I can login. Who knows how long it'll be before I can play.
    CrazyJoe said:

Ugh, so I tried to login to my Battle.net account and I put in the Authenticator code from the app on my phone and it won't take it. So apparently I have to send them a copy of my driver's license to get the authenticator removed so I can login. Who knows how long it'll be before I can play.

Nope. Hitup that online chat. I've had this issue three times in the very recent future (don't ask why...lol!) 10mins and it was all taken care of. Best customer service experience in a LONG time.
    midga
  • SusurroSusurro Dubuque, IA Icrontian
    The few times that happened to me, it was fixed by a simple re-sync of my authenticator. Perhaps I was just lucky though.
    JBoogaloo said:

I've had this issue three times in the very recent future (don't ask why...lol!)

Odd grammar aside ....

@CrazyJoe seconded the online chat. I did that yesterday for almost the same problem you're having, and it only took about ten minutes. Was able to log in before I even got off the chat with them. I harbor no love for Blizzard, but I know they've got some great support people.
    JBoogaloo
    JBoogaloo said:

CrazyJoe said:

Nope. Hitup that online chat. I've had this issue three times in the very recent future (don't ask why...lol!) 10mins and it was all taken care of. Best customer service experience in a LONG time.
    I tried that, but it asks me for the authenticator code to login to even get to chat. And now I cannot get the battle.net website to even load.
    edited November 2013
    @CrazyJoe This page should be able to help you.

-edit-

If that page doesn't work, call 1-800-592-5499 and they'll help you get sorted. If the page comes up, use the Chat thing that pops up at the bottom-right and they'll help you out. You don't need to log in for that support.
    JBoogaloo
    CrazyJoe said:

JBoogaloo said:

CrazyJoe said:

I tried that, but it asks me for the authenticator code to login to even get to chat. And now I cannot get the battle.net website to even load.
    I experienced that too! I was able to reset my password via my phone and that allowed me to get back on without authenticator ... youcantexplainthat#ronpaul#thanksobama.jpg
    edited November 2013
    Tushon said:

JBoogaloo said:

I've had this issue three times in the very recent future (don't ask why...lol!)

Odd grammar aside ....

Eat shit...

;D
    LOL. That was crazy fast.

I was able to do a little investigating into the matter on hand so Fear not weary traveler! For today is a day of great rejoicing! I have slain the mighty monsters spawned from the under world and destroyed the menacing authenticator. Now is the time to join forces with our greatest heroes to save everyone from the evil forces running amok in this world!
    CharshieJBoogaloomidga
  • So I guess multiple odd things were happening with my toon I'm trying to transfer.
    Apparently it was in a guild that fell apart. I was the last person in the guild I guess, so I became guild leader. You can't transfer a guild leader. That took customer support hours to figure out because their error reporting system was broken. Once figured out they told me before I could transfer I would need to login, disband the guild, and find a mailbox to claim the entire guild's ending bank balance!!! Crazy! I logged in and pocketed an insane 1c.

Now that we have all that clear, "character service" for my realm is apparently not available with still no ETA of when it will be.

I'm getting there...
    JBoogaloomidga
  • GuppyGuppy Warren, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2013
    I might join in on this, even though I never got too far (2 characters at 28) in WoW when I played it, and I don't know the right way to play(gear, skills, macros, etc.). I played EQ2 a lot more. I'll start a new character to relearn things, and also because I don't want to pay to have a character transferred.
  • FearmyblinkFearmyblink California Icrontian
    I would like to join the guild to raid again if that is something people are planning on doing. I would probably be leveling a character from scratch though.
    primesuspectfatcatAlidra
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    random Fearmyblink from WAY right field...

I'll have to let Nialo know you're coming back ;)
  • FearmyblinkFearmyblink California Icrontian
    Well I mean if some of the WotLK raiders are coming back to raid I can't pass up that opportunity.