The Starbound Thread

Comments

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    d3k0y said:

Tricksy there midga

Hey, if even one person sees it and gets curious enough to check it out, it'll be worth it :D
  • TheRedburnTheRedburn Spaceman K Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Looks like Starbound is close to beta. July 10th update "Consolidating our final to-do list (it’s getting shorter!)". Oh god, I just can't wait for this game to release... It's going to be so epic. I mean, claiming a planet, and starting a colony on it? C'mon. To good.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited July 2013
    I will capture your planet in the name of glorious Canada.

Then I shall breed giant alien caribou and use them to conquer the known galaxy while simultaneously spreading the joy of dark maple syrup throughout the universe.

Resistance is futile...eh
    PirateNinjamidga
    edited July 2013
    Oh god... I wouldn't put it past you to actually do that. And any other Icrontian.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    Is Icrontic planning on hosting a server? If not, and my server gets back to working again I have no problem hosting one, I was planning on it anyways.
    Depends. I know my computer couldn't, and I don't see that many Icrontians that know that the game exists.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    The Mitey Worriers will be playing this game together, but we're not sure about our hosting options yet. I think lots of Icrontians are looking forward to this game, @TheRedburn. :)
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Ilriyas said:

I will capture your planet in the name of glorious Canada.

Then I shall breed giant alien caribou and use them to conquer the known galaxy while simultaneously spreading the joy of dark maple syrup throughout the universe.

Resistance is futile...eh

I'M SORRY
    CB said:

The Mitey Worriers will be playing this game together, but we're not sure about our hosting options yet. I think lots of Icrontians are looking forward to this game, @TheRedburn. :)

Huh, didn't realise. Nobody every spoke of it during EXPO, and still only a few comment on this thread :P

Either Icrontic will be hosting it or I will. I am pretty sure my server will be fixed by the time this game comes out.

CB said:

Huh, didn't realise. Nobody every spoke of it during EXPO, and still only a few comment on this thread :P

Cause it isn't out yet, duh. :P

And only slightly related (site is linked from Starbound site, same publisher), but holycrapcoopharvestmoon. And confirmed, relationships have no gender bias. Very small dev group (I think it's one person) so dunno how long it's gonna be, though :(
    December 4th, Beta.

http://playstarbound.com/

its official
    edited December 2013
    I should have a server for this up and running as soon as I can figure out how to do so. It releases tomorrow, I have heard talk of availability at midnight, so I will be looking into that. I will have an IP posted once I feel I got a handle on it. Everyone is free to join, though as my normal unspoken rule, try not to invite people you don't actually know and hopefully ones that aren't asshats.

*EDIT* People are assuming the releases will be done when Steam updates, so 1pm EST Wednesday I am guessing.
    midga
    One hour 'till beta key emails. Woo.
    d3k0y
    much excite!
    edited December 2013
    Looks like their servers crashed.

*EDIT* I never got an email, but Humble Bundle did have the key there for me, installing now. Next, to try to figure out how to set this up on the server.
    midga
    d3k0y said:

Looks like their servers crashed.

*EDIT* I never got an email, but Humble Bundle did have the key there for me, installing now. Next, to try to figure out how to set this up on the server.

Yeah, I never got an email either, but it's installing right now. :D
    Mine just got done installing! Oh god, I'm never leaving my house
    midgaThraxprimesuspect
    Tid bit: The direction you face when you chop down trees matters
    midga
    I can't even get past the logo screen. Though it looks like it installs a GUI-less Linux folder so the server should be up as soon as my friend lets get have access again.
    Sweet. Looking forward to playing with friends. This Universe is too big for one man...
    I can't ge tthe game to start either. Guess I'll give it another shot after a few updates.
    @CB if you get stuck on the logo screen just let it sit, it sometimes takes 5-6 minutes to get past it, I think it is loading without saying it is loading.
    It's not stuck. It's stack overflow and crash. Looking at the forum, it seems a common experience.
    Okay, can somebody please explain how to use stairs...? I don't know, but I can't go down. This is making me so mad
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    UPDATE LOG

v.0.93

* added "Down"
    midgaGHoosdum
    Where does it say that?
    edited December 2013
    TidBit; You don't get Pixels for killing enemies with a bow. Even if you end it with a sword.
    Setting up the server on linux is more complex of a process than it needs to be, thx Steam.

http://www.reddit.com/r/starbound/comments/1s3rdp/how_to_linux_dedicated_server_setup/
    Latest update has it working for me. Lack of controls remapping is rough. I'll need to make an AutoHotKey script before I can do any more with the game. I just can't into space for jumping. No, sir.