The Starbound Thread

Comments

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Found a planet COVERED in Apex labs, so that sped up the process

My starter planet was this.

• TheRedburnTheRedburn Spaceman K Detroit, MI Icrontian
    @RahnalH102 Every mile was a new lab. It was awesome
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    Server is updated again. Sorry for the delay didn't know they patched since they didn't say so on the mainpage.
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    edited December 2013
    just spent the whole evening at my friend's place watch him play this game.

much laughs.

also, that lamp for backpack is useful
    might be drunk atm.

OH MY ZOD THIS GAME IS AWESOME.

carry on.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    I don't know how often you all check the main site for this game but the hopefully final character wipe is coming with the next update. Afterwords the characters will be able to be saved and hopefully the only thing that may get wiped afterwords is the occasional planet.
    oni_dels
    edited January 2014

I don't know how often you all check the main site for this game but the hopefully final character wipe is coming with the next update. Afterwords the characters will be able to be saved and hopefully the only thing that may get wiped afterwords is the occasional planet.

This patch is now live, check out the notes for almost all the changes ("Lot's more secret stuff! :OOO).
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Oh yeah, I still need to try this... is the server still up?
    Not sure. Need to ask @d3k0y. It at least needs to be updated.
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, it should still be running. I will try updating it.

*EDIT*Should be updated now.
    midga
    Did i miss a post? Server updated? Like, ic had its own starbound server!?
    edited January 2014
    oni_dels said:

>_>
    oni_dels said:

I have been hosting one for everyone, details should be in here somewhere

oni_dels
  • NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian
    Was actually on it for a bit saying Hello but not sure how wide a range chat goes. Also there was just enough lag that hunting critters w a bow was very challenging. Not sure how it works using a character online and off, if inventories are shared?
    Characters are saved in the client, so anything you do on Single is available on Multi. There were some discrepancies with this however. Sometimes your navigation unlocks weren't shared. But for the most part this is true.

Chat has a local (planet) and wide (universe) option. The biggest problem with this is that it just isn't very noticeable when things are said so people don't tend to respond unless they know someone could be saying something.
    server needs update! :(

also has a personal note/ for other peeps looking for it: 74.139.99.23
    edited January 2014
    Will update again tonight

*EDIT* Updated again
    oni_dels
    Base planet sucked, so I wiped it out and made a new one. Who puts DireStone and no Trees on the first planet?
    oni_delsRahnalH102
    yuuuus.
    my name is all over that planet
    RahnalH102
    @d3k0y : this happened:
    RahnalH102midgaPinkGuppy
    My tunnel is complete! I like that you put your name in like 6 different places.
    oni_dels
    Well, I'm giving this a shot. Thanks to whoever built the nice starting area. I would have been totally boned without it...

So, it's telling me to look for fuel. No idea what/where that is. Also, ffs time in this game passes way too slow (this includes healing time...).

Srsly can't wait until this game is a bit more user-friendly. Seems like it'd be really cool if I knew what I was doing, though.
    midga said:

So, it's telling me to look for fuel. No idea what/where that is.

Start with coal for fuel, stockpile bandages (vines hanging in caves are great for these.) for health, and yeah the time is kinda slow on here. This is in part to do with planet size. Smaller the planet, the quicker time passes and less travel distance, at least that's the impression I'm under.
    midga
    Thanks. I hit up a wiki and found that out.

So, day 1 for Isabella Francesca Gabriella Romero-Dominguez (or Isa, for short) was generally a success. @D3k0y I swiped some coal from some of the upper deposits in your tunnel. Then I got dumb and turned all 15 or so of it into fuel instead of making some torches. Went back and found 2 more and now have a couple torches. I still haven't found any digging around on my own. I do have a spot on the other forest moon I've started digging down into, though. Hopefully I won't have to go too much further...

Fun game. I really wish it was controller-enabled, though.
    @midga : if you want just left of spawn on the first planet there's my throne room, in that rainbow chest there's some weapon and items that could be useful to someone starting...
    (there's even a tech in there)
    midga
    I snagged a gun and axe from there. Not really sure what a tech is, but I'll look into it. Thanks :)
    midga said:

I snagged a gun and axe from there. Not really sure what a tech is, but I'll look into it. Thanks :)

starbounder.org/Tech

midga
    also, there's still a bug with the end-game update of metal, so even when you use it the item doesn't disappear.
    i've put them in those mentioned chest, so feel free to use them. ( ferovium, rubium, violium and impervium update)
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    BTW: I can't play Starbound now because it still doesn't have keymapping (crazy) and autohotkey stopped working with it (which shouldn't even be possible).

Hopefully, I'll be able to play soon.
    edited February 2014
    CB said:

BTW: I can't play Starbound now because it still doesn't have keymapping (crazy) and autohotkey stopped working with it (which shouldn't even be possible).

Well they added rudimentary keymapping in this latest update. There isn't an in-game UI for it yet but you can manually edit the particular config file.

This major thing about today's update is they will now be able to send out regular content update without waiting for the next engine update. They say to expect multiple updates per week now.
    midga
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

CB said:

Well they added rudimentary keymapping in this latest update. There isn't an in-game UI for it yet but you can manually edit the particular config file.

This major thing about today's update is they will now be able to send out regular content update without waiting for the next engine update. They say to expect multiple updates per week now.
    Can you link to info about how to do this? I can't find it myself.