I need Help AHHHHHHHHH!!!

UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big NastyIndianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
So I went to make sure my minecraft is all working fine and this is what I found.

This occurs on both multiplayer and single player. I can see the game menu fine but in game all the graphics are whack. I have tried uninstalling minecraft and reinstalling it, I messed with all my video setting on the game, I reverted to a older version of the game, I updated my java, and I updated my graphics card drivers (AMD) to no avail. Thinking maybe the new AMD drivers were not working properly Lynx had me get an older driver and it still did not fix the problem. I am out of guesses here and requesting help from anyone. I really want to be apart of the big IC minecraft event on Saturday but this dumb problem might ruin that for me. Anyone have any ideas?
midga

Comments

• UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    I also just found this, I really hope this is not the case.... http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/1ww5oo/174_world_isnt_rendering/
  • PinkPink Colour Sweden Icrontian
    @UPSHitman I'd recommend trying to clear the java cache on your computer (Se attached image for how to).
    If that doesn't work you could try uninstalling java completely and then installing it again.

UPSHitman
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    It's worth saying that Hitman is having some sort of flickering issue while playing Borderlands 2 as well - both these issues showed up at right around the same time, with new drivers. I think it's beyond Minecraft/Java.
  • PinkPink Colour Sweden Icrontian
    Aight, didn't know it extended to more games than minecraft, can't be guaranteed they are related though, but if there are problems with the graphics of several games, then perhaps messing around with the drivers is the way to go.
    I'd also like to add that atleast to my experience the AMD drivers can be very varying in quality, I know you probably tried this already but google til your fingers bleed and you will hopefully find some good drivers for your card.

If all else fails, you could always pretend that your minecraft character is blind, that way the lack of a world wont be as big of a problem...
    RahnalH102UPSHitmanmidgaJBoogaloo
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    I vote that his graphics card is dying, and that he should bake it.

/troll
  • UPSMatLUPSMatL Metal Maniac Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    @UPSLynx is too chumpy to bake that
    smook smook
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    I sorry I can not be of any assistance Hitman. I know not what would cause that :-/

As dumb as it sounds, have to backed up and reinstalled Minecraft? Its possible it is a texture pack issue.

-Digi
    Paging @thrax, he might have insight on the drivers/GPU.

He's using an HD 5870.
    Also, can you still play Minecraft in browser? If so, you should try that Hitman. See if the experience is still broken in the browser when you play it.
    BobbyDigi
    Yes, you can login at Minecraft.net and attempt to run in browser.

-Digi
    I dont see that option anymore :(
    Oh man, you're right. :(

-Digi
  • Try toying with the graphics options -- turn off server textures / fancy / advanced opengl. See what happens?
    BobbyDigi
    edited February 2014
    edited February 2014
    You are my hero Matt! First you buy me booze now you might help me fix my PC. I am eternally greatful! HAHAHAHA I will try this when I get off work tonight.

UPSMatL
    Hopfully these ideas will work tonight I will keep you all posted.
    MATT THAT WORKED, YOU ROCK!!! THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR ADVICE NOW LETS PLAY MINECRAFT!!!
    BobbyDigiUPSMatLErrorNullTurnip
    YEAAAA BOOOYYYYYEEEEEEEE
    BobbyDigiUPSHitman
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!!!!!!!!!