Music while raiding

FearmyblinkFearmyblink California Icrontian
Last night I was watching two different streams on twitch.tv of two different guilds farming Heroic SoO 25 man (Prot Paladin PoV and Arcane Mage PoV). The Paladin was listening to a playlist of trap/edm/house music on his stream + mumble and game sound, while the Mage just had game sound and mumble. I personally can't play this game without music on for some reason, but I was wondering if you guys listen to music while raiding or find it distracting? just a random question/thought that popped into my head today.

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I play music/watch TV while alone, but generally focus on the conversation while in Mumble in groups.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I find that I have to turn off all in-game sounds and focus on Mumble during raiding.

While questing/derping I listen to in-game soundtrack and I love it.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    I've not had in-game sounds or music on since 2004. I listen to music on occasion when I solo, but I find it incredibly distracting to the music to have people talk over it, and incredibly distracting to mumble to have music play atop that. I listen to all of your lovely, dulcet tones.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    When solo queuing or soloing in general I'll either be listening to my own own music or go with Blizzards from time to time. My music mood is very volatile.

Whether I'm in voice chat with friends or not I gotta have the sound effects on so that I still here verbal ques to dodge something or whatever the encounter might be calling for.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    In game sounds off for general play, on for Raids. Voice chat off most of the time. Soma.fm on all the time, lately usually on Space Station.

I listened to the soundtrack for a while just to hear it, and it's great. I just need more variety.
  • I'll occasionally turn on in game sounds. Never in game music.

Frequently I'll have pandora or some specific album running as background sound.
  • FearmyblinkFearmyblink California Icrontian
    I can definitely see how people could be distracted by music during raiding. I usually will put on some non-lyric house/chillout music or even some orchestral/instrumental movie scores while raiding just as a filler, I usually have it on pretty quietly though.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    If I know the fight I will listen to music, if I feel like I am still learning then I will turn sounds off.
  • HydrarHydrar Columbia, MD Icrontian
    You guys are missing out on the MoP soundtrack!
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    No. I've heard it, and it's excellent.