Civ 5 - Dickbots I [complete]

Comments

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited January 2014
    Seeking leadership! Need build advice!

Can I get a quick breakdown of what everyone's sitting at production/science wise? Given that I'm not on the "front lines" so to speak, I'm considering trying to offset your necessary production of truppe with science. If I can't fire the bullet, I may as well develop a better one for you all to use, ja?

I forgot to write mine down before submitting a turn, but I just built a factory with my engineer and I'm thinking it might have been better suited for one of you. Also, I have monies I can jibe to those that need.

If I remember correctly, I'm somewhere around 32 production, 32 science. I just finished building schools for kids who can't read good, and Oxford will finish in 1 turn, giving us a free tech. Should I continue on this path, or keep producting meatsticks for the fight?

• I'd optimize your production, then focus on meatsticks. We need to secure Europe a little better. I also asked for a bit of your resources so I can build more frigates and bombers to keep the Americas in check. I'm not sure what else to say, this is a grind against the dickbots. More meat = less robits.
    edited January 2014
    Sorry guys, been a crazy week/month of work with 60+ hours for our audit/close/budget period. I'm back on the horse and will get turns in within a timely manner.

Edit: ...er, it's giving me Goose's turn? What gives? Rollback needed?
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited January 2014
    I think I might finally capture Osaka next turn!
    Basil
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    Wanna go for broke and take Nagoya too?

I can prolly move 2 frigates and 2 arty into range.
  • I'll swing my Privateers up the continent for that as well. Will that eliminate Orange Japan? If so, I'm all for it!
    edited January 2014
    Winner is us! Thanks everybody for the support.
    Basil said:

Wanna go for broke and take Nagoya too?
    I can prolly move 2 frigates and 2 arty into range.

GHoosdum said:

I'll swing my Privateers up the continent for that as well. Will that eliminate Orange Japan? If so, I'm all for it!

Let's do it! I'll move my artillery in, and I should have a GI or two to help with the actual capturing.

The new situation is attached. The Zanzibar settler will probably swoop in and fill Osaka's old spot. I didn't realize Osaka would vanish and not become a puppeted city. Zanzibar will start with -20 opinion. Should we try to buy them out, leave them be, or just knock out their settler/new city? Zanzibar may become a pain for transporting troops to Nagoya if we're not friendly with them.
  • My first guess is to let Zanzibar settle so that we can buy them out just for the oil. I also think killing more settlers puts at risk of city state permanent war.
    BasilGarg
    How much fun is it to yell Zanzibar? Seriously, try it - try not to smile. British (Basil) accent for bonus points.
    GargBasil
    Dumping 3 battleship and 2 arty barrages a turn into Nagoya from my next one on.
    We have them beat, but try and make the capture snappy so I can return some units to defend my southern and eastern borders.
    Garg
    Dang. My dudes get whacked in the open ocean by their artillery. In fact, somehow Nagoya got two artillery strikes in from stacked units. That's some jive dickbot flimflamery.

I'll need some cover to make the amphibious attack, so you may want to send your destroyers in closer between Nagoya and me, @Basil. If it's not possible to stack my infantry with Basil's boats in the water, then we'll either need to wait a few more turns for me to get 2-3 fully-healed units to the coast so they can spread out as targets, or Basil will need to send a land unit with one of his boats for cover.
    edited February 2014
    Does anybody know if embarked units get 2 or 3 moves at our current technology? If they get 3, then I should have Nagoya next run. If they only get two, then hopefully I can get it in two turns. An extra infantry in the water to distract their artillery ( @GHoosdum has one nearby) would be helpful in that case!

Edit: forgot screenshot.
    Thanks for the bombards, @Basil! We can keep Nagoya down with our artillery, but it looks like your ships may still be needed nearby to take out the embarked gray/red Japanese coming in from N. America.
    edited February 2014
    Killed incoming N. American units, took city to 0HP and moved a fresh arty into their cities range to tank some damage.
    Turn or two and it's as good as dead. Satsuma next.
    Garg
  • Can we take on Kagoshima next? If we take out Kagoshima, I can put my troops in a more advantageous position to attack Satsuma.

If you guys would prefer to go straight for Satsuma, I'm okay with that too, I'll just re-position my forces.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    I've been idly bombarding the city off my coast. It's working surprisingly well, but I may need some foreign marines to storm their island once their walls are down.
  • CB said:

I've been idly bombarding the city off my coast. It's working surprisingly well, but I may need some foreign marines to storm their island once their walls are down.

Can you post a screen shot of the city so I know where it is for reference? I can probably send a melee unit.

GHoosdum said:

Can we take on Kagoshima next? If we take out Kagoshima, I can put my troops in a more advantageous position to attack Satsuma.

Would prefer Satsuma first, I would have to sail past it and around Africa to get to Kagoshima + Kagoshima will be easier to assault if we have more room to maneuver/bombard from west of it (mountains ruin assaults from other directions).

Kagoshima is definitely next after Satsuma though.

edited February 2014
    Victory against the Nagoya orangemen!

Here's a screenshot of the old world (best world)(sorry PirateNinja) as I see it. I can send 2 artillery and an infantry across the Mediterranean to pound on Satsuma. My remaining two artillery and a bomber will keep Kagoshima occupied until we're ready to encircle it. If I let up on them, then their artillery and infantry will start creeping up on me again (they've got at least two other artillery in the fog of war).
    Basil
    Gargoyle said:
    You can see my battle with shimysolenki on this screeny also.

• I sent a Destroyer and an Infantry unit in that direction, and I'll have a Battleship ready next turn to help with barraging Shimonoseki.

I'm also sending multiple units toward Satsuma.
    BasilGarg
  • Oops. After bombarding Shimonoseki again, I found myself in a position to destroy it with my Destroyer (embarked land unit couldn't quite pull it off) so I did. Now my Destroyer is on a piece of land.

I'm not sure if my Destroyer will be able to leave the land next turn, we'll see...
    BasilGarg
    That's an odd side-effect of OCC. :D
    GHoosdum
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited March 2014
    @CB, this turn you may want to buy that Plains, Hill, River hex that is two tiles to the West of your city. My border is going to expand over it by culture in 2 turns and it's not a productive space for me, but would be within your city's productive radius. I sent you a diplomatic request with 85 gold to help you buy the hex.

//edit: regarding my beached Destroyer: at the start of my next turn I found it in an ocean tile two squares away from the land, with half health.
    luckier than Noah, anyway.

GHoosdumBasilGarg

Kagoshima down! I am Garg, destroyer of Dickbots.

Who's next?

@Basil‌, if you could buy a Carrier and send it over to my one hex of ocean to gift it to me, I can pay you for it. Now that most of the action is far away from Beijing, I could be of more help if I could move my bombers into range.

Can do, you'll need to front me 380 gold on your next turn.

Pirateninja will take out a south american city next turn (left it at 0HP with just a garrisoned arty defending). Will move to finish that civ then we can find a new target.

Garg

@Basil can you take care of the sub near Izumo? I'm afraid my carrier is about to get ganked.

I totes shouldn't have landed my tank yet. My bombers are hitting Izumo for half of what it predicts every time. Laaaame.

Not much longer now!

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

I have enjoyed this game. I will miss it when it's gone. What will we do next?