Starting a Fitness Thread

I have a goal to walk by 12 months - which gives me another 6 months or so. According to bodybuilding.com my daily macros are roughly as follows:

525 calories
55.5g carbohydrates
31.5g fat
9.75g protein

I'm drinking about 24oz of water a day - is that enough? Am I getting the proper macros to meet my goals? Any suggestions on modifying my macros or additional exercises I should be doing? Current progress is demonstrated by picture below. Any tips welcome!

GnomeQueenTiberiusLazarusAnnesRyanFodderTeramonaLincprimesuspectHumerusMegRydermertesnMiracleManSTushonmidgaIlriyasWagsFTWBetsyDLeahVoiceUPSLynxBuddyJ

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Hi, Violet.

I suggest you bring your arms back so your elbows are perpendicular to your torso. This will correct your pushup form and enable you to achieve a better ROM, along with a more effective workout by way of superior muscle fiber recruitment.

I'd say you have a pretty solid diet given your goals, though you may want to increase your protein as you advance in your efforts.

Good luck to you.
    GnomeQueenTeramonaBlueTattooUPSLynx
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    I suggest powering around on your arms like a seal until you're ready to walk. I hear that's how the cool kids do it.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Do you even lift, bro?
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    I had a boxing fitness class that had everyone do a rotation of pushups using that form, it is pretty brutal on the shoulders. I should probably try it more often. Pretty impressive you can get all your weight up on just your big toe like that too.

P.S. What is that massive knit thing in the back. It looks like a wool umbrella.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    d3k0y said:

P.S. What is that massive knit thing in the back. It looks like a wool umbrella.

Actually, that looks like crochet.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    I have yet to ever be able to tell the difference.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Well, I said that based on the section with a lot of verticals and gaps in between, but upon closer inspection, I think those might actually be knit stitches leading up to it. If you can really look at a piece, and you're somewhat familiar with the two, it's pretty easy to tell. They have rather distinctly different stitches.
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Blanky.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    Definitely start working on your grip ASAP. It will help you in your secondary career, as a monkey.
    LeahVoice