I got a Fitbit!

SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
Yep! A Fitbit Force. I mainly wanted to start tracking how far I have walked in a day and my sleep patterns to figure out why some nights I sleep so poorly. but I have discovered so much more than it can do. I purchased it on a snap decision at Target. Set up is painless on the PC. I'm pretty impressed with how accurate it is. It also has some other features like calorie and water consumption tracking both online and in the smartphone app. Anyone else in the IC world have one of these? I'd love to add some more people to my friends list and have some friendly competition with a few of the things it tracks.

Comments

• HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian
    edited February 2014
    You should join "The Fitbit Thread" with us!! :D I'm online as meghannjo
    Sonorous
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    I wish Fitbits had heartrate monitors! They've got everything but, it seems like.
  • SusurroSusurro Dubuque, IA Icrontian
    I got a Force several months ago, then just recently developed a rash just under the charging port. It took several months for it to appear, and now has been slowly going away after I stopped wearing it for a month... :( I hope you do not experience the same, as I very much loved it at first.
  • Susurro said:

I got a Force several months ago, then just recently developed a rash just under the charging port. It took several months for it to appear, and now has been slowly going away after I stopped wearing it for a month... :( I hope you do not experience the same, as I very much loved it at first.

Contact FitBit support. They have been issuing refunds or replacing the device with another Force or another Fitbit product (with a refund for the difference in price). Get a Flex or a One. Personally, I'm a fan of the One because I don't like wearing a non-watch device on my wrist.
    midgaSusurro
  • SusurroSusurro Dubuque, IA Icrontian
    Yeah, I did see that. I actually have both a flex and a one already. :p I keep buying the new ones. I loved the one for its display and the flex for its wrist mount...hence my excitement for the force. It was so great until it wasn't...
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    That explains why you can't find them brick and mortar right now I guess