ICMC: What would you like to see on the new server?

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited February 2014 in Minecraft
So the idea of an economy seems to be a no go on the new server. That's cool.

In this thread, let us discuss what you would like to see out of the new server.

Mod suggestions are welcome but an explanation of how they would add to the community fun aspect of the server would be appreciated with any suggestion.

Edit to mention: Pretty much all policies and features on the current server will be handled better on the new server. No need to elaborate on current policies.

So what do you think?

-Digi

Comments

• BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    IronChests offers you a way to upgrade your chests through various tiers, increasing their storage capacity. The material costs are quite reasonable, not feeling cheaty or ridiculous. It'll give folks something else to put their metal and stuff towards, and help folks out with more compact builds, or help the mods or public builds with not needing so many chests!
    (Don't let first appearances fool you, by the way- the download links in the thread lead to the latest 1.7.2 version.)

JABBA (Just Another Better Barrel Attempt) is a mod that adds a block called the "Better Barrel". It's a placeable storage block that you can place up to 64 stacks of a SINGLE ITEM inside, and you can see WHAT is inside and how much of it easily by a displayed icon on the front, making it a marvelous alternative storage solution for things you accumulate mass quantities off, such as junk blocks (dirt, cobble, sand, etc), or redstone dust, coals, fuels, that sort of thing. They're upgradeable, and it offers a couple of other features as well. Again, thinking about public build stuff here- I remember on the old server how we had tons of chests with loose stored cobble, sand, etc. in them.

Those are the basic ones I would HIGHLY recommend, no matter what. Right now, modding efforts on 1.7.2 aren't really all that ramped-up yet, as most of the big mods (Buildcraft, Thermal Expansion, Project RED, etc) are still on 1.6 versions, and 1.7 brought a LOT of changes, apparently.
    RahnalH102Bandrik
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    edited February 2014
    Well if we're talkin mds I vote we go with a pack for some (like me) are totally inept at installing mods, I personally Indorse for consideration Tekkit, Tekkit lite, and Hexxit
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Thanks for the input Hammy, will take those into consideration.

Well if we're talkin mds I vote we go with a pack for some (like me) are totally inept at installing mods, I personally Indorse for consideration Tekkit, Tekkit lite, and Hexxit

Thank you for bringing this up. This will not be happening.

A few mods to make the game "better" (not to be confused with "easier") is what I am looking for, if any. We have the server to think about, if we were going to do a mod pack, I would love to just do FTB.

-Digi
    Creeperbane2BHHammy
    Oh man, an FTB mod server would be crazy amazing, but a bit more high-maintenance. You'd see folks make CRAZY builds though, especially with Project RED. I, personally, can make some pretty amazing things with it.

All of those modpacks are MC 1.6 though, and I figured the point of doing the new server is for 1.7, if not mistaken.
    BobbyDigi
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    If we go with Bukkit there isn't any need to load mods on the client side anyways, so you don't need to worry about being inept.
    Creeperbane2
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    I mentioned it before, if there was a mod that allowed us to control some new chunks to load as an amplified world, that would be great. I don't know if such a thing exists nor have my searched proven fruitful. Granted even if it id exist, it may put a lot of unneeded strain on the server. Other then that I would just like simple mods like the ones Hammy suggested.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited March 2014
    Feature Requests
    I am a huge supporter of adding fast travel, as well as /home and /spawn commands. Some feel these lower difficulty, but there's always the option of not using them and manually running back out of a dangerous mine. The benefits of /home and /spawn is huge for a co-op server like ours.

/home main benefit:
    groups that play together like the UPS clan can set a /home in their base. That way when they all get on, they can /home to meet up quickly, saving time and upping the fun level dramatically by decreasing wasted time. Helps prevent burnout from the game.

/spawn main benefit: allows ANYONE to quickly meet up at spawn to trade or donate resources, organize an adventuring party, and more. HIGHLY increases cooperative play and the fun of the server.

Recommended Mods
    The main mod that I strongly suggest is one that allows people to designate claims. I think the mod name is "grief prevention".

How it works
    By playing, you accumulate an allowance of how many blocks you can claim (like 10 per hour or something like that). You then designate an area that you claim as yours. Until you give permission to share the area with others, other people cannot build, break, open chests, use contraptions, etc. It also protects against creeper explosions and TNT.

It's VERY well thought out and balanced mod, and protects against griefing. This also would save Digi a GREAT deal of time because in theory aside from major glitches or other issues, he shouldn't have to restore anyone's builds because someone came along and lit it on fire, etc.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Bandrik said:

This also would save Digi a GREAT deal of time because in theory aside from major glitches or other issues, he shouldn't have to restore anyone's builds because someone came along and lit it on fire, etc.

Nooooooooooooooooo!
    GHoosdumRahnalH102ErrorNullTurnipBandrik
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    Honestly I don't mind /spawn and /home, but I am of the alliance that feels it makes a game a bit easy. I know a lot of the mods that allow this stuff, allows you to also put time limits on this. So make it hearthstone style and an hour/half hour per use.
    Creeperbane2
  • UPSMatLUPSMatL Metal Maniac Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    BHHammy said:

Oh man, an FTB mod server would be crazy amazing, but a bit more high-maintenance. You'd see folks make CRAZY builds though, especially with Project RED. I, personally, can make some pretty amazing things with it.

All of those modpacks are MC 1.6 though, and I figured the point of doing the new server is for 1.7, if not mistaken.

I currently have a ftb ultimate server running. I will consider opening it up to some icrontic members if I find the time to optimize my server. we ran 4players on saturday and it seemed to run fine but if we have an interest ill need to be sure we won't run into lag. Ill dig into it and post a seperate thread at a later date.

I like the mod with iron, gold and diamond chests. its in ftb and it comes in very handy but would love to see it on icrontic server. nice suggestion hammy

edited March 2014
    If you REALLY want to place an actual earned limit on /home teleport stuff, there's always the Crystal Wing mod. It's something you actually have to craft, and has limited uses.

Honestly, though, I'm in the camp that sees little to no detriment to letting folks have a /home command, anyway. Maybe place a 30 minute cooldown on it or something if you really wanna limit it, but I really don't think it's nearly as big of a deal as folks make it out to be.

Folks still have to venture all the way out, gather all of the stuff themselves, and defend themselves if need be. Letting folks have a zip back home once their bags are full isn't unreasonable, I'd think.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Going to be playing on the new server tonight testing some stuff out.

If you want to join in and test or just dick around, hit me up on Steam.

-Digi