New tower

Hoodiesgirl87Hoodiesgirl87 Ms.Cincinnati, OH. Member
Hey guys,
I am a noob to this site so please bare with me. I am lookin at buyin a new pc tower, and I will be usin it to game with. Any suggestions on brands, specs, or anything else that you might have? I wanna stay around the $400-$500 budget. Mind ya I already have the monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc. I just need the tower. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

Welcome! :D

I certainly can't speak for everyone, but a few years back I got a Lenovo Ideastation, replaced the hard drive, video card, power supply, added more ram, etc and it's be working great for me. That might end up going out of your budget after it's all finished, but on the plus side the improvements are something you can do gradually while having a working PC in the meantime.

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

Hi! Welcome to Icrontic. You know me!

Also: I'm bumping your thread because you posted on a Saturday morning, which made it mostly invisible.

GnomeQueenHoodiesgirl87
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

What sort of games are you playing now and looking to play in the future? A $500 budget is not going to work for Ultra graphics on next gen title 7, but it could definitely handle some games on high, many on "medium" and some poorly.

SignalHoodiesgirl87
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited March 2014

@Tushon said:
    What sort of games are you playing now and looking to play in the future? A $500 budget is not going to work for Ultra graphics on next gen title 7, but it could definitely handle some games on high, many on "medium" and some poorly.

For $500 bucks you're going to be pretty limited. If I had that budget, I'd start here. Add a case/PSU combo from a reputable brand, CPU cooler and optical drive of your choice. You should be right around what you want to spend.

Thats a newegg cart, btw.

AnnesSignalHoodiesgirl87Garg
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

I strongly advise going with something stronger than the 640.

Around $160 will get you Radeon 5870-class performance from NV or AMD.

Hoodiesgirl87Garg
  • Hoodiesgirl87Hoodiesgirl87 Ms. Cincinnati, OH. Member
    Thanks Chris! Is it ok I call you Chris? Anywho thanks for bumpin this, because Im lost lol! ^.^

> @CB said:
    > Hi! Welcome to Icrontic. You know me!
    >
    > Also: I'm bumping your thread because you posted on a Saturday morning, which made it mostly invisible.
    I hope im commenting on this correctly. (By quoting you) anywho thanks for the response, and i used to play wow. I might give the portal series a go. I havent played pc games in years so im behind on the times lol. Any suggestions?

> @Tushon said:
    > What sort of games are you playing now and looking to play in the future? A $500 budget is not going to work for Ultra graphics on next gen title 7, but it could definitely handle some games on high, many on "medium" and some poorly.
    edited March 2014
    > @Thrax said:
    > I strongly advise going with something stronger than the 640.
    > Around $160 will get you Radeon 5870-class performance from NV or AMD.

Okay tbh that was all spanish to me, except i know radeon makes graphic cards lol and ive heard of amd. Told u i was a noob ^.^
    Thanks! Ill check it out!

> @MAGIC said:
    > Tushon said: What sort of games are you playing now and looking to play in the future? A $500 budget is not going to work for Ultra graphics on next gen title 7, but it could definitely handle some games on high, many on "medium" and some poorly.
    >
    >
    >
    > For $500 bucks you're going to be pretty limited. If I had that budget, I'd start here. Add a case/PSU combo from a reputable brand, CPU cooler and optical drive of your choice. You should be right around what you want to spend.
    >
    > Thats a newegg cart, btw.
    Omg im sittin here lmbo and no one here knows why! That pic is funny. So ill take that as a no. :( :-/
  • There are some pre built systems for under $500 that support the AMD A10 APU. Building your own is a better solution, and dedicated graphics will perform better, but if all you need is a decent budget box to play WOW and dip into source engine games like Portal, this will be fine and you can always add a graphics card later if you desire.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/essentio-desktop-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive/1681287.p?id=1219059643159&skuId=1681287&st=AMD A10&cp=1&lp=5#tab=specifications

Hoodiesgirl87
    Is that just for the tower, or the whole setup? Bc i only need tower :)
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Looks like just the tower to me.

Hoodiesgirl87
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian

Comes with Keyboard and Mouse, but if you have good ones, keep those.

• Yes, any pre built OEM system has a keyboard and mouse.

If you have any desire to build your own we can help you through it.

Idk im a noob lol thatd be a lot of help! :D