The Starbound Thread

Comments

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    Here is the patch notes which have a link to a tutorial on how to change those pesky keybinds.
    midgaCBoni_dels
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    Yay! it worked! Now I can play!
    RahnalH102oni_delsmidgaZanthian
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    Yay!
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    games barely boot, missing SO MUCH stuff in my ship (including the ship's "bank" or whatever it's called).
    :/
    Hmm that shouldn't have happened. They said they made it so that the previous update should have been the last ship/toon wipe. I guess it will just be good practice to back up your files regularly until Starbound is stable.

Hmm that shouldn't have happened. They said they made it so that the previous update should have been the last ship/toon wipe. I guess it will just be good practice to back up your files regularly until Starbound is stable.

i don't think you really understand: i didn't just lose what's is in the ship, but the bank is actually not there. i can see the wall behind. and almost everything in my ship is still in place, except for 2-3 chest that disapear.
    edited February 2014
    oni_dels said:

i don't think you really understand: i didn't just lose what's is in the ship, but the bank is actually not there. i can see the wall behind. and almost everything in my ship is still in place, except for 2-3 chest that disapear.
    Hmm it seems you are not alone. Beds and chairs weren't working for some due to the patch, so Chucklefish sent out a hotfix to fix them. It did. That hotfix however caused some containers to be removed.

Unfortunately ...
    There's not going to be a way to recover containers lost in this fashion unfortunately.

The only fix for this issue right now is to remove your shipworld and allow the game to regenerate them, or restore from backup if you have one. You will lose the contents of your ship if you do not have a backup.

We are all deeply sorry for the lost data, and will work hard in the future to prevent issues like this from occurring.
    Hmm this is tricky. I'll be thinking about this while at work, and will update this with my thoughts when I get back.

Edit: back and I would say for you Oni, to make a temp backup as it is now. Then move your stuff in your ship to a planet, preferably one that doesn't' have containers you care about on it yet. Save that as is, make a backup of that save if you want. Wait for the next hotfix, then log in to a fixed ship and go grab your previous ship stuff. Best you can really do to continue on that toon. Bummed it happened to ya.

Also, for anyone that hasn't played Starbound after this recent patch:
    WARNING: If you have not yet started playing, please make a backup of your ship file, which is located in your steam folder/player/*.shipworld and backups of your world files located in your steam folder/universe/*.world
    midga
    @d3k0y, I can't connect to your server. Is it up and running and updated? or am I doing something wrong?
    CB said:

@d3k0y, I can't connect to your server. Is it up and running and updated? or am I doing something wrong?

They just pushed an update out today, so the server needs to be updated.

Though it says unstable, that was back on Saturday. Today should be the "safe version"

Main things of note in this patch:
    Treasure Horde Biome "I love GOOOOOOOLLLLLLLD!"
    New code system that will allow for smaller updates (Instead of actually re-downloading the entire game again.)
    More stuff for the Heck zone
    More "mysterious" stuff
    Bug fixes of course. Check out the link above for the complete list.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    edited March 2014
    Sorry, server was having problems the other day I had to get the host to actually shut it down for a bit. I will get the server up and running again in a minute.

*EDIT* Should be up and dated.

*EDIT* *EDIT* NOPE! Still broken, not sure why. Server is running, I can connect with MC, but not Starbound.

I still can't figure out what the issue is with this. I have it up and running on the server, on the same server I am running Minecraft. I can connect to Minecraft, but Starbound is acting like it isn't being found at all. The server log doesn't show any evidence of even an attempted connection, it just fails outright. I don't think a firewall could be a problem because we were able to connect before without any issues and as far as I am aware nothing has changed.

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

I've been playing the Unstable release solo, and after the last update I can't even start it up.

• TheRedburnTheRedburn Spaceman K Detroit, MI Icrontian

So, what's the news on the server? When'll it be up again?

I have no idea really. I don't know what the problem is with it. I have tried rebooting it, updating the server, and I cannot connect to Starbound. Minecraft still works just fine.

TheRedburnoni_delsmidga

new patch coming soon (ish), maybe that'll fix the problem?

Nicely done.

• Rbp7oozRbp7ooz Ultraman Is Airwolf Carson City New

does anyone have recipes or tomes they would like to trade?

TOMES
    I have Kluex's Commandments, Kluex Delusion #1, Irondome's Journal, (5) Slight Misunderstanding, The Would-Be King #1, The Would-Be King #3, (2) The Would-Be King #4, (2) The Would-Be King #5

Recipies
    (2) Austomato Stew, Piodia, (3) Copper Key Pie, Stuffed Automato, (2) Candy Automato.

I can make:
    Avesmingo Ice Cream, Banana Split, Candy Corn, Carrot Bread, Sweet Meet, Battered Bannana, Spicy Feathercrown, and Corn Peckers. (just give me the ingredients.)

I can Make for you.... if you have mats:
    Shroom Table
    Shroom Lamp
    Shroom Door
    Shroom Chest
    Shroom Chair
    Shrioom Bed
    Sandstone Chest
    Sandstone Chair
    Rainbow Chest
    Rainbow Chair
    Geometric Table
    Crystal lamp
    Crystal Table
    Crystal Chest
    Bone Table
    Bone Chest
    Flamingo Skirt
    Flamingo Headdress
    Peacock Shirt
    Raven's Beak

"[4/21/2014 11:30:58 PM] Tim Gregg: port forwarding configured try again, or restart server and try agian"

I will try setting it up again tonight.

FINALLY. Server is up and running again, I asked that guy like 2 month ago to check the stupid ports/firewall and he said it was fine.

Aww yiss!

ffffuuuuuu yeah

Does anyone have a Ukelele? I would like to get one for my friemd.

Is there a way to sell things yet?

Not Yet. If there was a central hub on the server I was going to build a trading post. Chests that you could leave cool stuff that you found, that other denizens could browse.

Create a real "Take something? Leave something." Kind of experience.

Pick a place @Rbp7ooz‌ I will hop on when I can to help out.

in pre-crash server, i had a bunch of chest with stuff i gathered that i was offering to the starting character.
    also, my name. all over the place.
    i've done it again.

Rbp7ooz

I am so proud and happy to hear that

oni_dels

What are the coordinates? Or is it the starting planet?

edited April 2014

@Rbp7ooz said:
    What are the coordinates? Or is it the starting planet?

starting planet on the server. beautiful garden there.