ICMC Event: Spawning of the new map

2»

Comments

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

I'm going to play the shit out of this when I get done with work. I've had an itch like Whitney Houston.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

From a player perspective:

I had a freaking blast last night. Spent about half the time running around exploring and raiding temples, the other half in the craziness of what I called The UPS Shanty Town south of spawn. The trip to the nether was hilarious and while fruitful, our goal of a blaze rod failed. I enjoyed riding around my donkey and later tamed a white horse. I plan to breed some mules so I can pack up all my stuff once I find where I will be building my base. Also, fucking creepers.

From an admin perspective:

I wouldn't call it a perfect launch, but very close. Couple of issues with players having fun with each other and then it going too far. Couple times players bein' mad and then getting over it. I have a new understanding of some players views of the game being drastically different than mine. A learning experience for sure. I've adopted a 0 tolerance for players that do not play with the community in mind and they just simply won't be welcome in future community events. It is a community server after all and I want everyone to play with their own style but I also want to see them actively trying not to interfere with other player's experiences.

Mine On Folks. Keep an eye on the forum for upcoming announcements.

-Digi

Creeperbane2UPSLynx
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

@BobbyDigi said:
    I have a new understanding of some players views of the game being drastically different than mine. A learning >experience for sure.

Dude, seriously I was surprised by what I learned as well. I play minecraft completely differently than so many other people. @UPSMatL‌ @UPSKingpin‌ and I were just rolling around, exploring and having fun, and like 20 minutes later we run into @Bandrik‌ who not only has a full iron armor set and diamond stuff, but it's all enchanted. It blew my mind, because I would never think to get that stuff so quickly from the start. I'd rather just be comfy and good around until I find a dwelling area I really like, then get into it. Totally crazy the different ways people play it.

Also, UPS Shanty Town is best town.

BobbyDigi
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited April 2014

DigiKid had a blast last night too. Thank you @cola‌ for rolling with the punches when she burnt the house down ;)

Also I am at a sometimes weird position of being a dad on the server. DigiKid was also messing around in some PvP with a few of the other players. I tried to make sure she didn't go overboard. I believe she did once and I called her on it. I just ask everyone treat her as you would any other player. Don't hesitate to ask her to stop if she is bein' a dick.

-Digi

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

<3

• UPSLynxcola

That feel when you raid a dungeon and loot the chests and find four copies of Cat.

SonorousCreeperbane2RahnalH102
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited April 2014

I'm having odd mishaps where I teleported back from the nether and when it was done loading I spawned dead. Said I was killed by a pig zombie. I returned to the teleporter and my select good shwag was missing. Brand new iron helmet/highly enchanted bow/flint steel and like 20 loaves of bread. The rest of my stuff was scattered.

I thought maybe somehow some of my items were still in nether. I teleported back there only to spawn next to a creeper which instantly blew up all but one of the portal blocks. Luckily I was able to get back to town in that one block.

If anybody finds my mystery dispersed shwag gimmie a yell. I'm sure it is long gone in to the abyss though.

Edit: While I was afk typing this post my stuff magically appeared back in my inventory. D: Lag I guess.

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

@PirateNinja said:
    Can anyone find Jimmeh's new mumble server info? I can't seem to find it for sir Alex.

I got it all set up, I just didn't get the chance to get back downstairs Friday.

• BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited May 2014

Haha, ah that was a great opening night. I hope we have more community events like this more often!

As for my speed to enchanted iron armor and diamond stuff @UPSLynx, that's just how my crew plays on another server. It's hard difficulty PVP, so we are constantly racing to get materials, armor, and get it enchanted and back out into the fray. Granted, I know we're not doing PVP here for the most part (outside of arenas) but when it comes to gearing up I'm wired to not mess around!

But also thanks to that gaming style, I learned a GREAT deal about minecraft, how to get resources, how to best use them, and even how to make a snazzy Cave Spider grinder! Idle for a few minutes, push a button, punch some spiders, and whammo you're level 30 ready to make a diamond pick REALLY shiny! =D

Sorry about your house Lynx. I was just playing the noble firefighter! =P

then this

UPSKingpin