Expo @ ICHQ: Rules of engagement 2014

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited May 2014 in Events

What should I NEVER do in the Sullivan House during Expo?

• Use the pocket doors (leave them open, always)
  • Use the front staircase after midnight (squeaks like mad)
  • Use the dishwasher (pls just leave glasses on counter, not in sink)
  • Be loud in the attic (resting-only zone)
  • Feed the dogs or let Farnsworth escape
  • Leave the house/garage unlocked
  • Yell outside past midnight (neighbors)
  • Go for a walk alone late at night (take a buddy)
  • Consume liquor (beer, wine, & hard cider are fine)
  • Drop your bags on the main floor (take to attic, pls)

Where should I set up my PC/Laptop before the LAN tables are ready?

The office or great room. Please don't use the pub. PCs can also be stored in the basement prior to LAN setup. You must wait for LAN setup to be entirely complete & announced before hooking up your computer in the LAN room.

Can I sleep in the house?

Yes, anyone may stay in the attic for any reason. If you cannot get to your hotel safely, please spend the night. We will have room for air mattresses. We also have a futon, 2 mattresses, 4 cots (max weight 200lbs), and 3 Sumos.

Can I shower at the house?

Yes, please occupy the bathroom for no more than 20 minutes because there is only 1. Clean towels are folded outside the bathroom. Please HANG YOUR TOWELS OUTSIDE THE BATHROOM and throw it down the laundry chute in the closet at the end.

What if I spill or break something?

Please tell Lincoln or Brian immediately. Spills need to be cleaned up quickly. Spare towels are in the broom closet in the back stairwell.

Can I do a load of laundry?

Yes, please let Lincoln know & remove your things promptly afterward. Avoid running the dryer in the evening (heat for LAN).

How does Michigan recycling work? (It's crazy)

• Order of precedence: Returnable (10 cent deposit), Recyclable, Garbage.
  • A RETURNABLE is any carbonated or alcoholic beverage container produced by a national or Michigan company. They are gathered separately.
    Examples that ARE returnable: Pepsi, Bell's Oberon, Bud Light, Sam Adams, Short's Soft Parade
    Examples of NOT returnable: Yuengling beer (out of state), Aquafina (not carbonated), Gatorade (not carbonated), New Glarus beer (out of state)

• We RECYCLE all plastic, aluminum, glass, and unsoiled cardboard (NO TO-GO/PIZZA BOXES).

• The biggest thing you can do to help during Expo is change full trash, recycling, and returnable containers, while making sure things are ending up in the correct receptacle. Ask Lincoln if you're not sure, need to locate spare bags, etc.

Thanks from the ICHQ commune! :vimp: .

TiberiusLazarusBobbyDigiChoochUPSLynxRyanFodderJBoogalooGnomeQueenSignalmaliaThraxGargBandrik

Comments

• JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian

May I be so frank as to add (since i helped returning a few years back) that returnable bottles/cans be rinsed before disposal? It's nasty for the returners after the Expo to be covered in sticky, sugary, smelly goo because bottles and cans weren't rinsed.

primesuspectThraxPinkInDetroit
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

What is a pocket door? Are those the ones that slide out in the great room and office?

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

Yes to both @Jokke and @UPSLynx‌.

The pocket doors are very fragile and very old and very hard to fix.

GnomeQueen
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

Yes

• LeahVoiceLeahVoice Hobgoblin of Good Grooming Ferndale, MI Icrontian

@UPSLynx said:
    What is a pocket door? Are those the ones that slide out in the great room and office?

They are little elfin mini-doors you put in your pocket for safekeeping because they are so old and fragile. That's why they're called "pocket doors." Duh.

UPSLynxRahnalH102
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Dobbie the pocket door?

GnomeQueenUPSLynxLeahVoiceGHoosdum
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@Thrax said:
    Dobbie the pocket door?

Wait, so all we had to do to free the office pocket door was throw my socks at it!?

LeahVoiceGHoosdum
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

@GnomeQueen said:
    Wait, so all we had to do to free the office pocket door was throw my socks at it!?

The pocket doors would already be free then. And the TV. And the radiator. And the wall. And your desk. And the trashcan. And the Sumos. And sofa. And...

primesuspectGnomeQueenLeahVoiceThrax
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@Linc said:
    The pocket doors would already be free then. And the TV. And the radiator. And the wall. And your desk. And the trashcan. And the Sumos. And sofa. And...

Man, I should figure out a way to monetize this! I can free ANYTHING with just the power of OCD, cheap socks, and laundry laziness!

• PinkInDetroitPinkInDetroit Brian's (actual) Waifu Detroit, MI Icrontian

Might I also add to rules: If you make a mess in the kitchen, please clean it up ASAP. And ask if you need to borrow ingredients. I'm usually 99% ok with this, it just helps me keep tally of what we have and what we're running low on.

SonorousGnomeQueencolaAnnes