in the market for a new headset

colacola part legend, part devil... all manBalls deep Icrontian
edited May 2014 in Science & Tech

So last night the headset I got lucky to get at expo a few years past met an unfortunate end. I got tired of the constant issues with having to turn the thing on and off several times to get it to work with mumble or skype or whatever voice service I was using to no effect, and well, it's currently in pieces. What would you guys recomend for a not-shitty wireless headset?

Comments

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian

Was about to post the same - is wireless a requirement you won't budge from? You'll get more for your $$$ with a wired option.

• PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian

I am in the same market as my g930 sucks, but I am relatively convinced there is not a good wireless headset due to limitations in current tech. I'm probably going to to buy wired when I get around to it.

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

With all the trouble my wireless one gave me, I'd be willing to do a wired one at this point.

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited May 2014

On-ear, over (surrounding) ear, or earbud? Mic attached a requirement or are you willing to spend for a seperate mic (as cheap as $6 for a high quality one) ?

Edit: Price range? Want to use for anything else other than gaming?

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

Would recommend @NiGHTS‌ as your go to headset shopping guide.

not much use outside of gaming, mic attached, surrounding

• TweakDragonTweakDragon Sitting In The Sweater That Hug Me Pottstown, PA Member
    edited June 2014

i personally like turtle beach px22...but they are wired... you can get them from 69.99 to 79.99 depending where you go to get them

Speakers: 50mm diameter speakers with neodymium magnets
    Condenser Microphone Frequency Response: 50Hz - 15kHz
    Weight: 6.4oz/233g
    Speaker Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
    Cable length: 3ft/.9m
    Speaker Impedance: 32 ohms
    Microphone Design: Flexible Omni-Directional
    Earcup Design: Around-Ear (Closed)
    Bass Boost: Variable
    Mute switch: High/Low/Mute/Mobile
    Line input: 3.5mm plug for line input
    Mic output: USB/XBOX 360 Chat Cable
    USB connector for power: 5VDC @ <60mA max
    Treble Boost: Variable

• MikQuattroMikQuattro Icrontian

I'm highly interested in everyone's opinions as well. I recently bought a G930, and while the sound and mic quality is very good, the battery life is dreadful and I find it very uncomfortable. To be fair, the ear cups and the overall pressure on my ears has got better over time, but the headband gets extremely uncomfortable after an hour or so and the headset overall is very head on my head. The TB headset that Tweak posted looks to be very well padded, I wouldn't mind trying them out.

In short, I would sacrifice sound quality for comfort in a heartbeat.

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

Terin won the GX Cavimanus at expo two years ago - is this the same one you won, @cola?

I've listened in on the headset. It's the sexiest sex that ever sexed. The volume box halfway down the wire is a little fragile (she gets noise right now whenever she rotates the knob), but she's constantly moving all around the apartment with them and tossing them down on the chair, so that may have been part of it.

The whole damn package is super high quality, in terms of sound and comfort. Also, I can speak from direct experience of the customer service of that company - they're prompt, helpful, and extremely understanding.

I've been sitting here waiting for my creative fatal1ty headset to die so I can buy me a pair. That's a company I'd like to reward with my business.

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

I love my Logitech G930.

Ilriyas
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian

I really like my Razer Carcharias, and got another set for a friend because I liked them so much.

Audio quality is pretty good (I'd say 7/10 if you're picky), and their biggest benefit is that they are VERY comfortable. Part of that is because they're incredibly lightweight. Many of the reviews indicate they are one of the lighter headsets you can get that fully cover the ear. Plus they are NOT a USB headset, which I kind of like as I prefer good ol headphone jacks.

I ended up going with a Logitech G430, I think I'm just a sucker for the color blue.

MAGICTweakDragon