The Primerian Calendar

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited October 2011 in Community
Here at Icrontic, we do not subscribe to the traditional Julian or Gregorian calendars. We do not follow the Mayan calendar (we don't want the world to end in 2012, so...) nor do we follow the Buddhist, Islam, or Hindu calendars.

We have something much more scientific: the Primerian Calendar

A Year in the life of an Icrontian is broken up into six months. The months are as follows:

COLD: Basically what it says. This is "hibernate and play games with other Icrontians" season. Traditionally, the natives huddle around their monitors and connect with their peers via gaming. They complain about the weather, commiserate, and an industrious few of them use the weather to achieve extra crazy overclocks.

ICSP: The meaning of "ICSP" has been lost to the mists of time, but this is the season when the Icrontians shirk off the mantle of Cold and begin to congregate in person. They raise their mugs, make toasts, and drink good beer.

Expo: The "holy month" of the Primerian Calendar. The Icrontians gather together and celebrate their community, their history, and also pull pranks on one another. Also they eat, drink, and make merry... In person.

Hot: Similar to "Cold" but the Icrontians complain about the heat. This season is marked with lots of comparisons of exactly HOW hot it is where they live and how much worse they have it than other Icrontians. Historians have noted that nobody has it worse than the one Icrontian in Puerto Rico.

Beer: While beer is indeed consumed during the months of ICSP and Expo... Well, during all other months, this month is particularly focused on the making, artistry, and consumption of this nectar of the gods. Icrontians gather 'round the old keg and... well.. They eat, drink, and make merry.. In person... again.

Presents: As prelude to the month of Cold, Icrontians try to recall the good times they had throughout the year, and talk about what presents they want, and what presents they're going to send to each other. Shwaipclaus descends from the Internets and confers his blessing upon the giftgivers. Everybody is happy!

Comments

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    *Winfrey replaces old antiquated calendar
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Shenanigans, there's no "Bitch" month where everybody reams Kee- er, Lincoln over various changes he's made.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    That's year round.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Bitch is the 8th day in the Primerian Calendar.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Dagmara and I are planning a visit for the 53rd of Hot.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Printable table form please?
    midga
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    My birthday is the last day of Cold. That's two reasons to celebrate.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    My birthday is on the 15th of Beer. Sweet.
    edited February 2009
    My birthday is on the 32nd day of cold. So, basically, as per the usual there's nothing good about my birthday.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Thrax wrote:
    My birthday is on the 32nd day of cold. So, basically, as per the usual there's nothing good about my birthday.

...Except that you love it when it's cold out?
    edited February 2009
    No, I only love it when it's snowing, and I only want it to accumulate for just long enough to **** everything up then I want it to go away.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    I'm pretty sure prime and I talked about this once.

Hot being the beginning of the Icrontic year, hence when we announce the Icrontic Person of the Year. And Expo being the end of the year, when all Icrontians gather for merry.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    PS: For our southern hemisphere Icrontians (I'm lookin' at you, Winga!) HOT and COLD are reversed. Everything else remains the same.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Yay! My birthday is the 21st of beer!
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    I like to pretend that beer is the whole year round. Much like Spring on the outdated calender of yesteryear.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    I was born on that 21st day of Expo.

I like it.

ICSP just around the corner, can't wait.

and I'm with Pigflipper, I'd like to hang this on my wall.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    YUS!

Printable vector image for easy scaling pls. kthxbye
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Birthday is on the 13th of Presents. I could live with this....

Motion to request that @Lincβ€Œ include the Primerian date next to the Gregorian date on posts. Need a second.

Ryderpigflipper_kmertesn
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

Seconded.

_k
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

Aye.

_k

@Lincβ€Œ, whaddya say?

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited September 2014

@Kwitko Sure, send me a plugin that does it? :nudge: .

Uh, sure. I'll have it ready on Monday.

Of two-thousand never.

• MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian

I must be pretty awesome to make it another two years past 2012. Silly Icrontic predicting the end of the world. What are you Fox news or something?