Icrontic WoW Guild Call to Arms

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian

Icrontic's relationship with World of Warcraft has been a long and rocky road, filled with ups and downs and in-betweens.

We're getting ready for a brand new expansion, Warlords of Draenor. There are just under 20 active players in the guild right now, with around 12 of us actively raiding at a heroic level. Many of us are playing new roles or even new characters for the upcoming expansion (which launches in just over a month), and we are actively recruiting more people to join us.

As with all Icrontic gaming activities, camaraderie is the biggest part of this. We have a total blast every time we play together (particularly for raiding); take a look at what new Icrontian Mikquattro had to say about his recent experience as a new-ish member of the Icrontic guild.

World of Warcraft is not everyone's cup of tea, but it is just as much a community-building experience as other games have been for us in the past. We're making new friends by the scads (Hi @Celsh! Hi @Swirly! Hi @cull! Hello @sonofgods! Hello Tavuk!) and having some seriously great times in Mumble on a nightly basis. It's the most social game Icrontic has played in a long time.

I've seen a lot of people who used to play with us on the fence; I can assure you that this is the time to start up again. We are all going to be starting at the beginning of the expansion, levelling, questing, and running dungeons together. Of course, we'll all level at different rates and many of us will be at 100 before others, but I can also assure you that this is not a problem. I again point to the example of Mik, who joined us a mere six months ago and caught up (and surpassed many of us) so quickly that he is now one of our top heroic raiders. Many of us levelled alts up to raid gear in just weeks. The reason we can do this stuff is because we all help each other.

If you have good memories of WoW, or if curiosity is getting the better of you, please join us! We can help get you up (or back up) to speed very quickly, just in time for the new expansion :)

If you're interested, post here and we can have somebody refer-a-friend for added bonuses!

Celsh

Comments

• @primesuspect said:
    I can assure you that this is the time to start up again. We are all going to be starting at the beginning of the expansion, levelling, questing, and running dungeons together.

In case any of you are worried about leveling alone all the way to 100, I wanted to make sure you know that if you buy the newest expansion you get a already leveled up level 90. Sounds scary I know because there are so many things you wont know how to do. Don't worry there are many people here just to help!

midga
  • sonofgodssonofgods Houston TX Member

Glad i found a Great guild to join!

RyanFodderprimesuspect
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian

Stop tempting me!

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian

I posted this elsewhere, but I do want to rejoin Icrontic in WoW. I really enjoyed raiding with you guys in the past and the way things look in WoD I think I'd enjoy it in the future (pre-Mythic).

Just like I posted in the other thread, I'm hesitant because I don't know if I can commit to raid nights. It's entirely possible I could be around occasionally. Hell, I might even be able to make 5 or 6 in a row. That's what bothers me. I'll feel really bad if at any point people are relying on me.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Icrontic has proven time and time again that people can come and go, and the raid lives on.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Dusty, it's fine. We almost never have the same raid composition from week to week. People come and go, it's not a problem at all.

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

Yup. C'mon down. Ain' nobody gonna give you shit if you can't make it, get sick of it, whatever.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

You don't even have to raid to have fun. There is plenty to do, especially if you've been away for awhile.

• @RahnalH102 said:
    You don't even have to raid to have fun. There is plenty to do, especially if you've been away for awhile.

There are many minipets that need caught and cataloged.

• JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian

School is coming to an end (Feb...THANK GOD!) and as soon as I have most of my stuff in order for school you can believe that my free time will finally be spent doing what I want and not what I have to (at least more often than not)! :)

I'll hop on a couple of evenings the next week or so. Unfortunately I have no characters on KT and to move everything I'd play would cost a small fortune. Plus, my wife plays on the server I'm on currently.

• There isn't a huge reason to move servers any more. Cross realm raiding and grouping and all that.

@TiberiusLazarus said:
    There isn't a huge reason to move servers any more. Cross realm raiding and grouping and all that.

Touche. I sometimes forget about that.

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

Plus, Communism!

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Just move one or two characters, use IC communism if you need to. While @TiberiusLazarus‌ is right that you can group and raid across realms, there is stuff like guild repairs, chat and perks, as well as not having to deal with cross realm trading issues.

midga

Also guild achievements are super nice to get. And guild runs result in income for the guild

JBoogaloo
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

@primesuspect said:
    And guild runs result in income for the guild.

That's also going to be the only way the guild will make money "naturally" after 6.0.

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

They are doing away with the perk for questing, etc?

Yep. "Cash Flow" perk is disappearing.

People were abusing it. Something along the lines of recruiting tons of people to the guild, but keeping all the loot to themselves. I can't remember exactly, was a couple months ago.

Blizz did say they were thinking about other ways for Guilds to make income, but brainstorming in development only goes so far. We shall see.

I would never take the money from you guys to server transfer. Its not that we have the money, we just have other purchases we're waiting to make first.

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

@MiracleManS said:
    I would never take the money from you guys to server transfer. Its not that we have the money, we just have other purchases we're waiting to make first.

We put up money for IC server transfers. 'swhat it's there for.

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

When I have more time to spend at home I will working on my Paladin.

@Thrax said:
    Icrontic has proven time and time again that people can come and go, and the raid lives on.

Still true