Any watch nerds on Icrontic?

Comments

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

Forgive me if this has been mentioned before-- this thread is enormous-- does anyone have any experience with Breda? Are they legit? I'm eyeing a few of their watches.

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    edited August 2014

This thing sounds like it would be awesome, but not so sure on durability or even movement function

http://etsy.me/1teum26

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

@GnomeQueen said:
    Forgive me if this has been mentioned before-- this thread is enormous-- does anyone have any experience with Breda? Are they legit? I'm eyeing a few of their watches.

Breda is a fashion quartz brand. I understand they're fairly new. Nothing about them makes me think they're illegitimate, but they're not especially proven on the material or warranty side.

GnomeQueen
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@Thrax said:
    Breda is a fashion quartz brand. I understand they're fairly new. Nothing about them makes me think they're illegitimate, but they're not especially proven on the material or warranty side.

Well, they're pretty cheap, so I'm not exactly expecting a watch that I'll pass on to my grandchildren. Thanks for the info!

edited September 2014

Now this is a serious bargain. For an unknown amount of time, Android is selling 45mm and 50mm divers for just $99.

They use the awesome Seiko NH36A movement, and Android is widely regarded as creative and reputable.

This is a fantastic purchase.

• BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian

I have a nerd boner for Android brand watches. I'm delighted that they continue to be respected.

• GattsuGattsu Orlando, Florida Icrontian

Add me to the list of happy Vostok owners. They truly are awesome for the $$$, and so many options to choose from. In fact, I'm gonna get another one with a black face. I love the one CrazyJoe has.

I also picked up a Timex Easy Reader as well. I loved it's simplicity, and who can resist Indiglo?

BuddyJ
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    edited September 2014

@Gattsu‌ Where did you get your Vostok?

Ebay is best for Vostok. Buy from a reputable (high-rating) seller.

• GattsuGattsu Orlando, Florida Icrontian

Yep, I bought from a Ebay seller. He wasn't exactly a top tier Ebay seller but, he had a %100 approval rating.

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian

For a Vostok, get it from Zenitar or Leon.

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

Mine was from Zenitar.

Anyone have any idea what the Low/High gauge on the right side is?

Power reserve. I own the version of that watch that replaces the power reserve with a weekday (M171S).

midga
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian

That watch is sexy and it knows it

midga

@Thrax said:
    Power reserve. I own the version of that watch that replaces the power reserve with a weekday (M171S).

That's what I was hoping it was. I think this just made the list :D

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

that looks awfully familiar

• drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

It's a renaissance in watch styles I like!

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

Oh hi there

midga

As far as watch designs being similar to other watch designs goes, that one's not very.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2014

It's pretty much a direct and blatant copy of our designs, from typeface to colorway, even down to their marketing (As an iconic American watchmaker for over 160 years... etc.)

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

Even the design of the site.

• SignalSignal Icrontian

I did see Shinola in a Chevy commercial, so you got that going for you.

Been wanting one for a long time. No way I was paying what they ask for them tho, Finally got one for $100 bucks So I am very pleased. I love the Mother of pearl face and the heft of the piece.

midga
  • My sister-in-law gave me a watch I had on my wish list for Christmas. It's not super-fancy, but it is a nice daily wearer (IMO). Fully mechanical, automatic wind, exposed workings on the back, face is a bit smaller than I realized, but I really like it.

BuddyJCliff_Forster

That Seiko 5 is a widely-respected classic. Nice watch.

• I received the Invicta 8926OB for Christmas. I am enjoying it.

Another Seiko NH35-based watch! Great value.

• I've heard high praise for Nato watch straps, but it looks like they all cover the back of the watch. Since the back of the Seiko 5 is clear, I'd rather not do that. Does anyone have recommendations for nylon watch straps that don't cover the back? I want to pick up one or two different color straps.