Amazon Fire TV Stick

mertesnmertesn I am Bobby MillerYukon, OK Icrontian

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GDQ0RMG

Looks like Amazon's version of a ChromeCast, but with the FireTV software.

Should be released Nov 19 for $39, for the next two days it's $19 if you're a Prime member.

PirateNinja

Comments

• Nice! I think I'll actually get that.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I like that they know their competition with that opening line in the description. I don't have any compelling reason to switch from Chromecast to this that I can see.

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

I'd be more interested if I didn't already have a Wii on both of my TVs and get all these features already.

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

@d3k0y said:
    I'd be more interested if I didn't already have a Wii on both of my TVs and get all these features already.

Damn I just want A tv

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

@Tushon said:
    I like that they know their competition with that opening line in the description. I don't have any compelling reason to switch from Chromecast to this that I can see.

It has its own apps/games, which is probably the biggest thing for me.

For $20, I figured why not. Had a credit, anyway.

• ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian

I ordered one to check it out. At $20, not much of a risk.

I am tempted to order one actually if just to use it at work

"Amazon Prime Members Save $20 on Fire TV Stick

Exclusive offer for Amazon Prime members: get the all-new Fire TV Stick for just $19. If you're not a Prime member yet, sign up for your free 30-day trial then purchase Fire TV Stick to get this special price. Add it to your cart and the discount will appear at checkout. Hurry, this offer is good for two days only."

Haha, if you don't have Prime, here is how to get a cheaper price for free, just for reading!

• pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian

Have Prime? Check. $20? Check. Sure, why not.

I ended up buying it just so I can plug into the giant TV at work and watch Netflix when I am bored, or listen to some Pandora. The HDMI ports on our work laptops suck.

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

Mine arrived Friday night. It works quite nicely. Got Netflix, Pandora, and Amazon Prime Video set up without a problem. Next up will be the Plex client.

PirateNinja
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian

I have been using Plex on it and it is pretty smooth.

I am excited about getting mine and pissed they changed the delivery date on me without saying anything. Some how I managed to miss the deadline for delivery on the 19th, and got pushed to the 24th of December.

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

I'm digging mine so far (launch day master race). My kids love it and my 7 year old has been playing Ski Safari almost non-stop since I installed it.

So I just got one of these. And I love it.

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian

I love it also

I like it until I remember I got it to watch esports at my tv, and I can't search for specific channels on the twitch app. You know, Twitch.tv, the site owned by Amazon, the people that made the damned thing.

It's like Google making you use IE on Android

@d3k0y Amazon did not make twitch. They just bought it, and fairly recently too, give it a little time.

PirateNinja

6+ months for a search bar seems like a long dev time.

I'm am waiting, it just seemed like a basic function that should have been in inception.

Aside from that, I use it as a replacement for my Netflix Wii for my bedroom. Wireless connection is much more stable and the UI is pretty good

_k