Vote on November 4

mertesnmertesn I am Bobby MillerYukon, OK Icrontian
edited November 2014 in Lifestyle

If you are of age to vote get your ass out there and make your voice heard on Tuesday. Regardless of your political beliefs, if you don't vote you have no place bitching about how the opposition is ruining the country with their views on whatever topics you care about.

And if I haven't convinced you, perhaps you need to be reminded of this:

RyanMMAnnesprimesuspect

Comments

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian

"Vote on November 5" s/b "Vote on November 4." Tuesday is November 4, yes.

mertesn
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

Depends on which calendar you're looking at. Fixed. Thanks @Straight_Man‌.

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    edited November 2014

• pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian

Done. Early voting ftw.

mertesn
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

Imgur

-Digi

midgaPirateNinja
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

Voted early in Illinois. Now looking into voting often.

Creeperbane2Tushon
  • Don't know anything about politics or who you agree with? isidewith.com

Hero
  • HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

thanks @ardichoke... hopefully icrontians dont need to be reminded to educate themselves on the issues before they vote...but i say it anyway.

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

Took the quiz, it told me that I agree 1% more with a few candidates over the candidates I had planned to vote for. It did not change my mind, but it was interesting. :)

Btw what positions are up other than local, the only campaigns I've been paying attention to are Indiana Prosecuter and Indiana Senate district 100. Any nationals up?

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@Creeperbane2 said:
    Btw what positions are up other than local, the only campaigns I've been paying attention to are Indiana Prosecuter and Indiana Senate district 100. Any nationals up?

The state website doesn't appear to make it very easy to find out what you're voting for, but this website does!

http://ballotpedia.org/Sample_Ballot_Lookup

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Even with the quiz it still feels like a choice between the not-so-lesser of two evils for me.

JBoogaloo
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian

@RahnalH102 said:
    Even with the quiz it still feels like a choice between the not-so-lesser of two evils for me.

I'm sure that there are some significant differences between the candidates and the key points of their website or party's statement that should make the choice much easier.

Strategy for this and changing this, in roughly reverse order of actions:
    1) National elections - go with the most palatable, or the person who enables policies that you agree with (control of the senate is an issue this election)
    2) State issues - weight your choice based on party a bit less. you may look at how others (governers, for example) of the same party have behaved in neighboring/close states, but look at how their policies will impact you on a state level, not just a local one.
    3) Local issues - pretty much complete decoupled from party issues. make a list of the important issues to you, where they stand, and then make a choice. pretty much ignore party.

4) Get involved in the political process early. If there are good local/state candidates, make sure that you are voting for them. Try to push their ideals up to the national party.

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

@Creeperbane2 said:

1/3 of the Senate is up. Depending on your state's cycle, you may or may not have a senatorial election this cycle.

Every 2 years, the entire House of Representatives is up.

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian

I MAEK VOET

Creeperbane2JBoogaloo
    edited November 2014

I votes, was surprised to find that the JV Basketball coach from my HS almamater was running for the school board.

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

Voted.

I done did the vote this morning. Was pretty easy this time around. Two seats and 1 state constitution change between my own knowledge and isidewith made very easy to pick from available options.

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

I voted!

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

GnomeQueenRahnalH102JBoogalooCreeperbane2
  • KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

Voters want a higher minimum wage, legalized pot, abortion access, and GOP representation. So that's where we're at as a nation.

MAGICJBoogalooardichoke
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

Legalized Medicinal Marijuana failed down here in Florida. 57% voted yes, but 60% required for a constitutional amendment.

Creeperbane2
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

@Karma said:
    Voters want ... legalized pot, ... and GOP representation. So that's where we're at as a nation.

If you're going to watch the world burn, might as well smoke up.

Decriminalization passed in DC.

Creeperbane2