The "Everything is Better" Vanilla discussion

13»

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@TiberiusLazarus said:
    Talk about writing bots to flood the reaction system a few times and suddenly you're branded for life.

No joke, one of my fellow cohort hires crawled our slack pages and accidentally deleted all our custom emojis. Pitchforks!

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited November 2014
    :ninja:
    edited November 2014

Drag-and-drop image uploading.
    Emoticons fixed.
    .... and single line breaks.

Preemptive known issue: The spoiler text option in the dropdown inserts a >! tag that creates a dumb ... spoiler tag instead of the nice one. That implementation's going to get fixed. It's just finally a minor enough problem I could update everything else in one big bang.

BobbyDigimertesnmidgaJBoogaloo
    edited November 2014
    <?php 
        $fencedCode = true;
        // With syntax prettifier
        echo 'nbd, folks';

Also :rockon:

RyderJBoogaloo
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

HOLY
    SHIT
    LINE
    BREAKS

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

:digi:

-Digi

:beer:

BobbyDigi
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

"All Discussions" breadcrumb is missing from the bottom navigation. I miss it.

RyanFodderJBoogaloo
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

Also the breadcrumb at the top, me too.

• Also suffering from lackofbreadcrumbitis.

• Also also the button next to the search bar is suffering a case of emptiness:

Breadcrumbs are fixed.

@TiberiusLazarus‌ What browser? I can see it in FF & Chrome.

Ryder
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@Linc said:
    Breadcrumbs are fixed.

TiberiusLazarus‌ What browser? I can see it in FF & Chrome.

IE6

• Chrome. Only happens at work. This image is blocked. Fun.

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian

We should bring tags and the tagcloud back. That would go swimmingly, I feel.

• Let me optimize that for you:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/330674/sprites-14-000000.png

That should save Vanilla about $1000/year in bandwidth bills. I'm employee of the year.
    Jimmy, you're still screwed. You don't even know what the lulz icon looks like when you are work, meaning you are practically lulzing things that should be awesomesauced and ffs the entire world may as well be upside down.

TushonRyderJBoogaloo
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@PirateNinja said:
    Let me optimize that for you:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/330674/sprites-14-000000.png

That should save Vanilla about $1000/year in bandwidth bills. I'm employee of the year.
    Jimmy, you're still screwed. You don't even know what the lulz icon looks like when you are work, meaning you are practically lulzing things that should be awesomesauced and ffs the entire world may as well be upside down.

Should I lulz or awesomesauce this post?

JBoogaloo
  • @PirateNinja said:

Not exactly true. The reaction images show up. Those reference http://icrontic.com/applications/dashboard/design/images/sprites-14-000000.png which is not blocked.

• Then that settles it. We need a single sprite with better compression and perhaps a 5x17 configuration to reduce white space, otherwise we will all need to buy carbon certificates to offset our wastefulness. Further, JimJam has shined a light on the Vanilla platform as a whole in that people at work seem to have some cross domain no no rules installed on their Internets, and so the Core Unified Master Sprite Adapted to Low Orthonormal Tessellation should be placed on a trusted CDN with some such caching until a pure Mantle rendered CSS solution is adapted. I think we've solved this one.

RyderTushonCB
  • HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

and in response to that...綒 浶洯浽 鬖鰝鰨 驨訑紱 虈觿, 蔰蝯蝺 樧槧樈 廘榙 稯, 錖霒馞 躨钀钁 躎轛 煔 鄨鎷 箯 棷棫椓 輣鋄銶, 瀗犡 脀蚅蚡 塥搒楦 跿, 毼 禫穛 罞耖茭 碢禗禈 圔塥 蒛 諙踣踙 轗鐔飂 趉軨鄇 鋈 嵉愊 齴讘麡 箄縴儳, 滍溾滘 鑏鑆驈 筡 烒珛 魦魵 諙 憢憉摮 袟袘觕 僤凘墈 嗢 蹪鏂 鍌鍗鍷 藽轚酁 軥軱逴, 綒 豇貣 鳼鳹鴅 嬏嶟樀 軥軱逴 駓駗鴀 廘榙榾 豥 犌犐, 鋑鋡 魆 鮛鮥鴮 戫摴撦