Icrontic EVE Discussion

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    I'm still skilling up and playing when I can. I'm a missile and shield freak (Drake). I do PI and mining to pay the bills and help my corp. I'd love to fly with you guys...
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    Hay guise! Did you hear TEST and Brave Newbies are in a coalition now with some other newbie-friendly scrubs? That means you need zero skills to have awesome fleet fun.

Also, I unsubbed because babby. I wanna get back in soon
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited March 2014
    BuddyJ said:

Hay guise! Did you hear TEST and Brave Newbies are in a coalition now with some other newbie-friendly scrubs? That means you need zero skills to have awesome fleet fun.

Harudath begins to salivate
  • LazarusXeroLazarusXero Illinois Icrontian
    @QCH and I are in an alliance together (I'm in industry, he's a pilot killer) and it's a blast... I'm destroying my life one PLEX at a time. I can't imagine myself not playing this and have finally found an outlet for my mad spreadsheeting skillz!!
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

@LazarusXero, @QCH I heard y'all are recruiting; what's your applications process?

Send in an application and full account API (not character, the entire account). We review, we approve, you join, we all win.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Full API is rough :P That's a scary level of info

Nothing to be scarred about though unless you've got spais in deep cover or you have an alt named Awox McBlueshooter.
    edited June 2014

My time in EVE has taught me to give out as limited info as is possible at all times :)

A legit alt in TEST during the days of PIZZA alliance shooting us constantly was Pizzaface McAwox

edited July 2014

Which corporation should I send the application to? Also, do you really need a full key? My characters are several years old and I'm not comfortable giving you unlimited access to my EVE mail. What do you actually want to see?

Yeah... Full APIs are a powerful requirement. But we have very little pull and need to stay on the good side of the alliance. Look us up... "Xero Inc" and we're part of "Rebel Alliance of New Eden" [RANE]

Bummer. I feel that I have an obligation as having had access to priviliged information from friends' corporations that I can't in good conscience share out. I would feel the same way if I left you guys and someone else wanted to read my (your) mail. I have to pass, sorry.

Totally unbeknownst to me, a bunch of my old corpmates had started playing again and sent me an in-game chat last night. I moved out to their nullsec op. Whee!

Is there a channel in-game for Icrontians (that actually gets used)? Would be nice to be able to chat while playing

I made an Icrontic channel and invited whoever was active at the time, probably a year ago.

Perhaps I'll jump over ... my sub on Elysse doesn't expire till February, so maybe you guys can reignite my space passions.

BuddyJ

Jooooooin usssssssss

BuddyJ

I attempted to get back into EVE earlier this summer but realized I have no time for any kind of organized gameplay in my current lifestyle.

• sharkydartsharkydart KY Icrontian
    edited November 2014

A lot can go wrong in space. When the systems are adjacent, travel is only a risk. Twenty-four jumps inflates that risk exponentially. Before the runner had even left X-7OMU, the fact that it was on its way to Arnon was irrelevant. The precious cargo had already been leaked and on route to someone else by the time the vessel was hunted down and torn apart, 20 minutes into the voyage.

On 11/03/YC116, at 06:38:48, a seemingly unintelligible stream of data burst from amidst the flotsam littering the Sisters of EVE Bureau at Arnon IX (Moon 3) - broadcast on multiple wavelengths - and after a few minutes, stopped.

Although CONCORD had tightened up its policies in the past year, there still exist remnants of the incessant ship destruction; victim after victim of mission-fit sub-capital ships. Occasionally, upon close inspection, one can find the burned out husk of a frigate - twisted shards of higher tech rigs and modules still melted into place - but nobody has bothered to inspect things too closely. It's all ISK-per-hour here, and some things are just not immediately economical to the dwindling masses.

Lights; unused in years, slowly fade in to a soft orange glow to illuminate the expanse of one of the many ship hangars kept on retainer by the Indifferent Bastards corporation. A strange, jury rigged device resembling a rotary evaporator connected to a wash-basin-sized reservoir marked "TEARS" springs to life. The final iridescent jewels in the container trickle into a tiny pool and then cascade down a tube, into the round-bottom flask the contraption cradles. Hoses snaking out of the water bath and collection flask lead back into a device above the reservoir, out to the hangar floor somewhere, and what appears to be a mini-fridge. After a bit of whirring and puffing, the device wheezes dead. Deep within the bowels of the station targeted by the 11/03 data stream, machinations pull a capsuleer's body from a lengthy stasis. The coffers must be filled.

BuddyJDocFrazier
  • DocFrazierDocFrazier Gladbrook, IA Icrontian

Is there anybody out there currently?

• I am not. Quit years ago now. Just didn't have the time for it.

Still going...

primesuspectBuddyJDocFrazier

Nope. Wish I could. Having kids and a new job meant I don't have time for games much... But man I wish I still could play EVE. The stuff they've done with Exploration and Industry make it fun and rewarding.

When I stopped, I was based in a lowsec system with quick access to a pretty empty null area full of lots of great sites to explore. I could do some industry on the side and then pop a few jumps away to a big trade hub every few days to make some cash selling what I'd find and make. The biggest threat were a few gags of roaming pirates who loved to setup small gatecamps. It was glorious, even as solo play.

I was in for a year... got into null space in a nice quiet hole... mining was fabulous and ratting was awesome. Then goon dropped a cloaked ship in and left it cloaked all the time... occasionally dropping a cyno and bring in a few dreads and support ships. They did that for 2-months and shut down all activity. It was a pain just logging in to do anything. Dropped 9 months ago...

DocFrazier
  • DocFrazierDocFrazier Gladbrook, IA Icrontian

@Harudath said:
    Still going...

I'm in Minmatar space right now, whats shaking?

BuddyJ
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

Interesting.

I love that this means we could potentially round up a fleet of Icrontians and go die gloriously together.