Endless legend or Civ

GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 LifeAkron, PA Icrontian

Anyone play Endless Legend? I am thinking of picking up a Civ based game or Endless legend to kill time

Comments

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian
    edited December 2014

I'd go with Civ V. It has way bigger fan base and way more mod support. The mods are half the fun and can really change and enhance gameplay. Endless legend is cool and fun, but Civ is the game of that genre and it just has way more going for it. Plus it's cheaper if you get it during the sale like $12.50 for the complete pack. But make sure you get the complete pack, all the stuff it adds to the game is pretty awesome.

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian

I have Civ 5 I was more or less talking Beyond earth

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

@GnomeWizardd said:
    I have Civ 5 I was more or less talking Beyond earth

oh okay. B.E is kind of cold and lacks some depth. I'd hold off until they release some of their major expansion pack things and change the game some.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited December 2014

I feel this guy covers it pretty well.

TL:DW They both are very similar in both pros and cons aside from obvious theme differences (sci-fi vs fantasy.) They may be a bit more of a brick wall of information then some other Civ & Civ-like games. And like Karma said their overall potential right now isn't fully realized just yet. I would say go with whichever looks the way you enjoy more or which has the least amount of little things you don't enjoy compared to the other. Civ Beyond Earth would likely have the better lasting potential due to the history of other Civilization games. You'd probably also more liekly get to play with other IC people on Civ since they are likely to go with that since they probably know about it compared to Endless Legend.

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

The Galactic Civilization games are some of my favourite (See: Only 4X I enjoy) games of all time.

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian

Think I might hold off on both until a few fixes come out, Civ 5 with all the expansions is still quite epic

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

Endless Space is 80% off right now. It looks pretty cool for $8.