Kickstarter: The Goat Mug

http://www.designboom.com/design/desnahemisfera-goat-mug-coffee-myequa-12-07-2014/

Nifty travel coffee mug shaped like a goat horn. I don't know why I find this so neat.... but I do... and I want one.

JBoogaloooni_dels

Comments

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited December 2014

Backed at the 25 dollar one. Sick mug with straps to carry when in town now here is the question, White and tan or Black???

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

I noticed that none of the promo photos on the kickstarter page show the mug in use in a car's cup holder.

CBoni_dels
    edited March 2015

If you take the sleeve off and flip it It will fit in car holder then the sleeve holds the mug Cant wait till I get mine in April ( hopefully )

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

What am I missing about this? How is this any more practical than a flat bottomed mug? More space and more easily usable for flat-bottomed. I get that it looks unique.

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

You're not missing anything. It's a gimmick reliant upon a false nostalgia for days of horn flagons which never really existed. If it were more practical to drink from horn-shaped things, we would all be doing it already, especially since it's much easier to manufacture paper cups as cones than cylinders. If McDonald's thought we would prefer, or even tolerate, cone cups, they'd give them to us.

tl;dr: This is a thing you get because it's neat (which it is) not because it's better (since it isn't).

midgaoni_delsTushon_k

@CB said:

tl;dr: This is a thing you get because it's neat (which it is) not because it's better (since it isn't).

Yup thats pretty much the thing, Its cool and I want it, also 25 for a 16 oz Good coffee Mug is not a bad price

• oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian

OH MY ZOD I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE

• pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian

Irrelevant unless filled with wine. How else am I supposed to get in my cups!?!?

_k