Dickbots IV thru VI, I think? [Game over. Humans lose]

CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDer Millionendorf- Icrontian
edited December 2015 in Civilization
This discussion was created from comments split from: Civ 5 - Dickbots III [ongoing].

Comments

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

Sounds good to me. I'd suggest the same settings as last time with the next size larger map. If they have more room to expand, that should up the challenge.

• I'm in for Dickbots IV.

Garg
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

Sure. What's the conditions and such?

edited February 2015

Dickbots IV filled up before I could join. Anybody else in for Dickbots V? I think we need three more.

• I joined both because Dickbots are funnest.

Are we playing the same civs in IV as we did in III?

• BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian

DickBots III settings:

One City Challenge
    Modern Era Start
    No Religion/Ruins
    Couple of City States
    Regular Barbarians
    Domination or Science Victory

Tiny Map Size
    Small Continents Layout
    Immortal AI

The bottom three options effectively curve the difficulty.
    The AI gets massive happiness bonuses so can settle everything it sees, the small map constrains this.
    The continents layout keeps a decent amount of water reducing available land and allowing us to take advantage of terrible AI pathing.
    AI difficulty will directly influence the cost of their units/buildings, construction rates, starting settlers, unit strength, etc.

So, how hard do you guys want this? Let me know your thoughts on settings.

I'd like to keep the AI on Immortal, but increase the map size. I lean towards keeping small continents, but I'm open to changing that.

Then again, I'm only in V, so IV and V can always be different if we want to experiment.

Started IV, just upped the difficulty to Deity for giggles.

Let me know if it works as I might have screwed up the player order >_>

Also V needs moar peeps. Apply yourselves.
    Gonna go bigger map + atomic era start to keep things fresh.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Something didn't work, because when I loaded it, reported DLC missing, but the only one it had that I "didn't" was "Upgrade Data 1".

http://multiplayerrobot.com/About/FAQ#cant-load-scenario-first-turn seems possibly related but didn't work for me.

How do?

@Basil What am I doing wrong?
    What is needed:

What I have:

Fuck me, the explorer's map pack. Why can't it just tell me exactly what I'm missing instead of reading two lists in different orders ... also, microtransactions

Now that that is out of the way: would it be reasonable to assume my path is something like: infrastructure to support blitzkrieg of panzers? So a few of the wonders that help with land units production/experience?

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

Hey, guys -

I don't remember signing up for this at this point, which means it's been a while. Since I'm in the process of moving, I won't have reliable access to a PC that can play this for the duration I expect this to run. How should I go about recusing myself? I can't find any such options on the GMR page.

• No worries, just go to the link below, sign in via Steam, and click surrender.

http://multiplayerrobot.com/Game#11715

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

Ah - missed it because after you sign in, it takes you to your main games page. Thanks, PN, resolved. Sorry guys :(

PirateNinjaBasil
  • @Gargoyle do you want to take Snarkasm's spot? Someone needs to anyway, otherwise the AI will make horrible dreadful no fun peace.

Sure, but I'm at my game limit, so I'd need drop out of Dickbots the fifth (hasn't started) until I finish another game.

I'd pay GMR a few more bucks to add more game slots, but I can't keep up with >5 games.

• Yes you can...I'll cover upgrade costs. Do it. Send me paypal. You can and will. <3

BasilGarg

@PirateNinja, that was just the pep talk I needed to get me behind on all my other responsibilities committed to CivAwesomeness. I upgraded my account.

I joined as Sweden. Then I realized the game is weird and the Dickbots aren't all Japan and the game has already started. Does it matter that I joined as Sweden? Should I surrender and join as someone else?

• After discussing with @Basil, it seems you are supposed to be the Dutch.

What has happened is late in the dickbots world after three near annihilations, the dickbots created a virus and infected the Sweedish with robot blood. Meanwhile we created a cure, and two Japanese dickbot outposts have joined our side (@CB and I).

It's very confusing. In short, you are supposed to be smoking with your pancake.

BasilCBGarg

Ah, I see.

Thing is, there are two Netherlands, and there doesn't seem to be a way to tell them apart when you're joining the game. But in any case, I need another invite, @Basil. I should have a 50/50 shot at not turning into a robut.

I got a save game that auto-played gargoyle's turn? I think it should probably be reverted to let him try again ... or something.

@Tushon said:
    I got a save game that auto-played gargoyle's turn? I think it should probably be reverted to let him try again ... or something.

I surrendered since I was the brownswedes, wrong civ (on dickbutts island). I'll try to be orangedutch when I get another invite to the game.

• Confusingly it looks like there are two AI Dutch slots? I think once you get the invite you will be fine if you join the one in our turn group, between Tushon and I.

If this attempt puts you on the wrong team I'm going to scrap this GMR game and setup from scratch.

Still need a new invite to join, my old one doesn't work anymore.

edited March 2015

@Basil said:
    If this attempt puts you on the wrong team I'm going to scrap this GMR game and setup from scratch.

It doesn't look good.

The Civ picker only gave me one Netherlands to choose from.

We'll see if I'm 100% robut when my turn comes around, or if I can resist my programming to create dikes all day and plug the leaks with humans.

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

So, are we keeping this one or what?

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

Are we going to have to mulligan this one?

CB left, so I left. Please to setup a new game :)