WOMW - Watch On My Wrist - Daily Watch pics

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian

Post what you're wearing on your wrist today. Obviously mine will all be Shinola.

This is The Runwell Chrono 47mm. I am particularly fond of this one because this has one of our first 100% in-house straps. American leather, baby!

ThraxUPSLynx

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2015

Uh oh, a WRUW thread.

I'm wearing the Pulsar PJ6007 on a Hadley Roma MS804 distressed tan strap. It's the best Railroad Approved watch this side of Ball's.

primesuspectUPSLynxBuddyJ
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2015

Today I'm wearing a Stührling Original Winchester 44. Some schmuck left it here so it's mine now.

mertesnThraxBuddyJ
  • Paging @mertesn as the possible schmuck...

Linc

Oh, he's the schmuck alright...

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@primesuspect said:

Indeed. A most appreciative schmuck.

Today the Android Skyguardian AD614BBU on an aftermarket strap. Miyota 9015 movement is so smooth.

Sazbean
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@primesuspect said:

When I saw that pic I instantly ran into my room to confirm I hadn't left mine. It would be a very me thing to do.

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

@DontCallMeKelso man that watch being on your right wrist is making my eye twitch.

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

:wtf:

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

@Karma said:
    DontCallMeKelso man that watch being on your right wrist is making my eye twitch.

I really like my watch on my right, I'm also right handed... I don't know, just works

• RequitRequit That one guy Somewhere over there, I don't know Icrontian

Right-wristed watches represent.

DontCallMeKelso
  • SignalSignal Icrontian

I'm right handed and wear a watch on my right wrist. I think it's because I do most everything with my right hand so it just makes sense to check the time with my right hand.

DontCallMeKelso
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian

What you know about some Seiko 5?

primesuspectBuddyJ

I know that you're wearing it on the correct arm! :p

ardichoke
    edited April 2015

Today I'm wearing the Fossil Del Rey CH2952. While I'm not usually inclined to wear Fossils, this one is particularly interesting in that it uses the TMI/Seiko VK64 "Mecaquartz" movement. The Seiko VK Series utilizes quartz for all timekeeping functionality, which seems pretty unextraordinary at first blush.

(How quartz works: a battery is connected to a quartz crystal regulator, which resonates at a specific predictable frequency. Additional electronics counts the vibrations and tells a motor to move the watch's hands every X number of vibrations to keep time.)

The Seiko VK64 begins to depart from most quartz watches when the chronograph is engaged. First, the central chrono seconds hand is connected to a stepper motor that ticks at 5 times per second, evoking the smooth movement and accuracy of a mechanical chrono. As the CH2952 pays homage to the smooth-sweeping mechanical racing chronographs of the 1970s, this behavior is both functionally and emotionally satisfying. The minutes accumulator, the 9:00 subdial, behaves similarly with gearing that allows silky smooth sweeping around its respective dial.

The VK64 really departs from most quartz chronographs when you reset the chrono with the bottom pusher. The minute and second accumulators are physically disengaged from the quartz movement and snapped back to zero through a mechanical assembly taken straight from Seiko's range of mechanical chronographs. You can feel the "thunk" in the watch when the chrono hands whip back to their neutral position at the top of their dials. This, too, feels extremely satisfying.

The Seiko VK Series comes in many configurations from its movement subsidiary, and has been surprisingly successful at finding common ground between quartz and mechanical diehards in 2014 and 2015. That's no small accomplishment, given that these two camps are usually quite binary and political about their preferred class of movement. In addition to the Del Rey line, the runaway success of mecaquartz has recently been fueled by attractive designs from boutique brands Helgray, Vratislava, Autodromo, and Melbourne Watch Company. Naturally, Seiko has also been in the game for a while with its own watches like the SSB003.

There are so many little details to love about the Del Rey beyond the soulful movement: the champagne sunburst dial, the Gulf Oil coloration on the chrono hands, the pie pan subdials, the orange ticks along the chapter ring, the soft leather band, the chamfered date and the perfect dial printing are a few of the high points. Fossil's designers were firing on all cylinders when they put this one in the pipe.

primesuspectBuddyJ
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian

@primesuspect said:
    Post what you're wearing on your wrist today. Obviously mine will all be Shinola.

This is The Runwell Chrono 47mm. I am particularly fond of this one because this has one of our first 100% in-house straps. American leather, baby!

So want to get one! 500 is doable but I see they went up to 750

The base model of The Runwell is still $550. Prices haven't changed. Chronos, premium finishes, different straps can bump up the price but the base model is still $550.

Any Discount for Friends of Brian? lol

Heh. Maybe if you had hit me up last year; we've grown a lot and now we're at the point where we can no longer offer a "friends & family" discount.

It's okay. He can get the August Steiner or Timex discount!

Looking at the Parnis P-Po-A-002-P which will be my next discount watch

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

Hmm.. bigger, more market share and you can't offer them? Seems like this would be the time too offer them.

We have them for ourselves, just not for others.

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited April 2015

This is the watch I typically wear for just hanging out or running errands.

The face is from a Gitano watch I bought new in the nineties. The casing was originally all black, and it had a leather/nylon strap, also black. I wore it so much that the paint on the case mostly wore off, and the bond between the nylon and the leather bits of the strap disintegrated. The replacement band is a translucent red plastic band off of an old swimming watch which had a broken LCD. The band just happened to fit, so I used it as a replacement.

It has charm!

primesuspect
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

That's class right there!!

CB

@Ryder said:
    Hmm.. bigger, more market share and you can't offer them? Seems like this would be the time too offer them.

Wow guys was just giving Brian some crap! Just joking! My budget doesnt allow for watches at this time, The Parnis watch has been a dream for about a year now, Three Kids does that to a pocket book

BuddyJ

I took the Runwell Chrono and put it on a stainless steel bracelet. That's what I'm wearing today.

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

@primesuspect I'd be more inclined to like shinola if they didn't do that goddamn cutting off numbers on the face. It is by far my least favorite design element in watches.

Our designs definitely aren't for everybody.