This camping trip will be

TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
edited May 2015 in Events

In tents.

Where?
Lake Macbride State Park, IA : https://www.google.com/maps/place/Lake+Macbride+State+Park/@41.7946146,-91.5648693,13z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x87e45daf48d8d153:0xce3ec13607bf171e

When?
May 8th-10th ish. I plan to take the 8th off and drive up early in the day. If we have people from long distance I could have my arm twisted to go up earlier or leave later.

Why?
Because fire and outside and away from normal life. There will be food (probably lots). There will be alcohol (just a bit).

Who?
@RyanFodder, @malia (and maybe some dags), @DocFrazier, me(!) @Primesuspect @TheRedburn @Church4252 and.... you?

Who maybe?
@Koreish

Anyone (everyone) else is totally welcome. We can reserve sites online. They are 9$ per site per day. Sites are at most 6 people each and two tents each.

primesuspect

Comments

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian

Damn I'll be working plus finishing up projects for school that weekend otherwise I'd be so in :/

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

Wish I could go but my job just dried up bigtime. It's been so damn long since I've been camping, then again my sleeping bag is somewhere in the void of attic land so beh.

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

I'll have to think about this one.

• LeahVoiceLeahVoice Hobgoblin of Good Grooming Ferndale, MI Icrontian
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2015

Man I'm gonna try to figure out a way to go, sans Nicole. She's going to Toronto for TCAF and she's taking our car (I still haven't bought one yet). Don't count on me, but I'm going to try to wrangle something :(

@mertesn said:
    I'll have to think about this one.

Upon thinking about it, I realized I lack sufficient gear to do this thing called "camping". Apparently it does not involve a mouse, keyboard, and a prime sniping spot.

Ryder
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited April 2015

@mertesn and anyone else,

I have a tent big enough for several (stated capacity 6, have done 3 people and two dags). I may have an extra sleeping bag if needed. Cooking supplies are covered (fuck ya cast iron). Chipping in for food and beverage is always nice. Most camp sites I've been to have had a picnic table for some seating, but a chair isn't a bad thing to have. If you can get to Columbia, I can get you the rest of the way there.

RyanFodder

No car means I'm out. Maybe next time

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

Can you borrow one?

Borrowing a car for a 1000 mile trip is kind of a big ask...

But RENTING a car for cheap isn't. I'm in, along with @TheRedburn and @Church4252

RyanFodderCantiRyderPirateNinjaChoochmertesn
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

Who is bringing what for food? I can supply a lot of brats, and various other meat products...

I'm supplying one brat, but he's almost out of that phase. Just a few more months...

ChoochRyderCBmertesnKaintenance

@TiberiusLazarus said:
    mertesn and anyone else,

I have a tent big enough for several (stated capacity 6, have done 3 people and two dags). I may have an extra sleeping bag if needed. Cooking supplies are covered (fuck ya cast iron). Chipping in for food and beverage is always nice. Most camp sites I've been to have had a picnic table for some seating, but a chair isn't a bad thing to have. If you can get to Columbia, I can get you the rest of the way there.

I have a sleeping bag and chair and can get to Columbia. Now I just have to make sure I can take that Friday off (shouldn't be an issue).

TiberiusLazarus
  • @RyanFodder said:
    Who is bringing what for food? I can supply a lot of brats, and various other meat products...

Working on planning up a menu of sorts. Can then divide from that or just plan to get stuff in the area? I would assume there is a grocery store nearish.

• Let's get the most important thing figured out first, though. Coffee.

I have a hand grinder if someone really wants fresh beans. Otherwise we'll need a sufficient amount of ground available. Aeropress or french press work well for camping.

• maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian

@TiberiusLazarus said:
    Let's get the most important thing figured out first, though. Coffee.

I have a hand grinder if someone really wants fresh beans. Otherwise we'll need a sufficient amount of ground available. Aeropress or french press work well for camping.

Was planning on bringing a pound of coffee pre-ground for french press (nothing fancy, sorry @primesuspect), plus 2 presses.

TiberiusLazarus

I'm definitely out. Forgot I had plans for Sunday :(

RyanFodder
    edited April 2015

I'll be bringing my own coffee beans (whole) and an aeropress, if you want to provide the hand grinder, we're good.

@Malia don't worry about the pre-ground stuff. I'll bring a pound of fresh Chazzano super fancy stuff for everybody so we'll have great coffee.

TiberiusLazarusChooch
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Sounds awesome. Hope y'all have a great time. :D

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

do you guys want me to bring some....rice?....noodles? O_o

primesuspectRyderRyanFodder
  • Oh god. Campfire frie rie?

RyderRyanFoddermalia

Car rented. We doin' this.

ChoochPirateNinja
  • RayRay Prime's dad Center Line, MI Member

I can't make it but I can provide prime with maybe a couple of camp chairs and a small tent. Maybe even some beer

RyderWinfrey
  • FettBaconFettBacon Viscount Icrontian

I'm gonna try and show up. I've got a jetboil I can bring and enough camping gear for myself (tent bag chair ect). I can bring camping oatmeal and stuff to make cobbler too.

maliaTiberiusLazarus
  • @TiberiusLazarus said:
    Oh god. Campfire frie rie?

FYI, this is a thing now. Be jelly.

malia

@mertesn said:
    I'm definitely out. Forgot I had plans for Sunday :(

Dislike :P

Malia don't worry about the pre-ground stuff. I'll bring a pound of fresh Chazzano super fancy stuff for everybody so we'll have great coffee.

Awesome! :) As long as you're taking care of that manual labor - have you seen me before coffee?? It's not pretty......

• KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian

Dawg you finally hit me up in time to ask off. I'll put in the notice tomorrow and get back to you.

TiberiusLazarus

@malia said:
    Dislike :P

Yeah, I was all ready to go and then realized I had show tickets for that weekend :/ They're for Sunday evening, so I could try to make it back in time but that didn't work out so well the last couple times I tried it...