This camping trip will be

Comments

• georgehgeorgeh Canton, MI Icrontian

FYI right now http://sellout.woot.com/ has a bunch of camping stuff at Woot prices (i.e. slightly lower than Amazon but not as good copy as meh.com)

• SignalSignal Icrontian

I would not count on a woot order to get to your house by May 8th unless you pay for expiated shipping.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

@Signal you should come camping with us

TiberiusLazarus
  • SignalSignal Icrontian

I really really really want to, especially since this is only 2 hours away. But it's right in the middle of planting, sister moving, and a week before I leave the country. Plus I have no camping gear and am broke because of the three things mentioned.

• FettBaconFettBacon Viscount Icrontian

Does anybody need gear still? I have extra bags and pads I can bring and, if requested, I could bring along an extra small tent. I'm planning on bringing some light cooking gear and stuff to make Duch Oven cobbler.

I'll be making dutch ovens in my tent if anyone wants to stop in. Don't even need to knock.

GnomeQueenMassalinie
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

Hats

-Digi

GnomeQueen
    edited May 2015

SWED

BobbyDigicola
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

lol wrong thread. Have fun camping everyone. Don't starve and keep an ear out for those damn hounds!

-Digi

Since it's supposed to be rainy I'm gonna bring a canopy too. Also last call for extra gear is coming in a couple hours.

• Canopy sounds awesome!

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

It does look like we will be camping in the rain.

Bring warm clothes and something to keep dry in!

• TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited May 2015

More details for attendees (up to 11, by the way, holy shit):

Map of the camp ground: http://iowastateparks.reserveamerica.com/camping/map_of_Lake_Macbride_State_Park/r/campgroundMap.do?contractCode=IA&parkId=610119&selectedSiteRb=1054 (zoom out to see the area)

We have 3 sites reserved for Friday and Saturday (Sites 54, 55, and 56). We also have 55 reserved for Thursday night. Each site has a max of 6 people and 2 tents.

The sites are located in the 'Non-Modern South Campground'. Looks like the road comes in from the East side of the campground.

Massalinie
  • MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian
    edited May 2015

I have all my road tripping gear with me in NE which includes a fair bit of camping stuff. I added some of the noteworthy things to the Google doc. Is there any other food needed? It looks like meals are mostly taken care of. If we need anything else for Sat night dinner Fett and I can probably provide ^_^ I'm also bringing tea, because I'm a non-coffee, and happy to share.

I also wanted to ask if anyone is bringing a first aid kit, I have a very basic one (band-aids, alcohol swabs, etc) but nothing more than that. I also have some Advil and Tums just in case.

@Massalinie said:
    I'm also bringing tea, because I'm a non-coffee

GET OUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

mertesnMassalinieChoochcola
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited May 2015

@primesuspect said:
    GET OUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Brian, you're normally so willing to accept people whose opinions and tastes differ from yours. This hostility is really out of character for you. Have you not had enough coffee today? Perhaps you should augment it with a nice cup of tea. Not in the same cup though - that's just weird.

RyderMassalinieRyanFodderUPSLynx

@primesuspect said:
    GET OUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

@mertesn said:
    Brian, you're normally so willing to accept people whose opinions and tastes differ from yours. This hostility is really out of character for you. Have you not had enough coffee today? Perhaps you should augment it with a nice cup of tea. Not in the same cup though - that's just weird.

GETTTTTTTTTTTTTT OUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

mertesn
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@primesuspect said:
    GETTTTTTTTTTTTTT OUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I'm sensing some aggression here. Perhaps you should find a creative outlet to express yourself in a more healthy manner.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

I'm brewing a fresh pot of coffee right now. I did done grinded them beans muhself.

cola

I have a first aid kit that should cover most problems we'll run into as long as no one shatters anything. Don't shatter something.

• Thankfully a first aid kit hasn't really come up before. But with more people...

Also, we are going to be near the ranger's station, and not far 20 minutes from a nationally known research hospital.

Can I still make the rule no shattering anything?

primesuspectMassalinie

It's one of those things that doesn't matter until you need it. Be prepared people; am I the only boyscout here or what?

CantiWinfreyprimesuspectRyder
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

That's kind of awesome. True facts: at one of the common stops on many Philmont treks, the only hot water you get is what you heat with a wood boiler and the wood isn't provided. Luke warm, at best, showers were had.

• maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian

@Massalinie said:
    It's one of those things that doesn't matter until you need it. Be prepared people; am I the only boyscout here or what?

I feel like I need to redeem the group (or at least myself) here. Just because @RyanFodder didn't know about it, it doesn't mean a first aid kit didn't exist on prior camping trips. So there :P

Massalinie

@Massalinie said:

I'm a boyscout. I also always have a first aid kit (even in my car)

@Tushon said:
    That's kind of awesome. True facts: at one of the common stops on many Philmont treks, the only hot water you get is what you heat with a wood boiler and the wood isn't provided. Luke warm, at best, showers were had.

I was lazy when I went to Philmont and just manned up and shrunk down in a cold shower.