Kickstarter: The uKeg Pressurized Growler for Fresh Beer

2»

Comments

• @Signal said:
    Yes, but the problem is that you have to buy a growler from every brewery.

Well yeah, but if you're bringing home growlers anyway, and those are the laws in your state, then you gotta do what you gotta do. I just meant to point out that not being able to have it filled directly at the brewery (or grocery store, or bar, or wherever) doesn't preclude one from using the uKeg.

• georgehgeorgeh Canton, MI Icrontian

@ardichoke said:
    could you not just fill one of their growlers, transport it home and pour it into the uKeg?

That's a recipe for oxidation, which is a killer of beer flavors. I don't know about hard cider, but I'm guessing it will negatively affect the flavor. Try it and let us know!

Bonus link since it's relevant to the thread: list of which Michigan breweries fill outside growlers

GargWagsFTW
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

Some delays mean that I probably won't get mine before Epic :(. Still really looking forward to it.

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@ardichoke said:
    for those of you in stick-in-the-mud states that don't allow filling of growlers which didn't come from the place filling them

Oklahoma's motto: We don't allow growler service. Period. Why? Because our retards in power are in the pockets of ultrahypersuperconservative retards and the distribution cartels who decide what to allow into the state. Also alcohol is bad because bad. Source: our collective asses.

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

Production sample demo:

Latest update has shipping in July or August. Slipping deadlines is typical for Kickstarter, but I'm still anxious to get one of these.

• georgehgeorgeh Canton, MI Icrontian

Thoughts after watching that video:

• "Cap on foam" - good way to minimize oxidation
    • I'd be curious to see a video showing him cleaning it, esp the tap
    • The regulator seems to work well, which is huge for small CO2 canisters