The League Season 5 is March 11 - June 17

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

oni_delsIlriyascola_kprimesuspectBobbyDigiPirateNinjaGnomeQueenDontCallMeKelso
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@aspieRommel said:
    Linc , can we void tonight's challenge because a few of us are having issues with the maps because directions weren't given on how to download them.

@aspieRommel said:
    I DID! I FUCKING DID! THAT DOES NOT TELL ME A FUCKING THING! I DON"T KNOW HOW TO GET TO THAT DIRECTORY!!! DON"T ASSUME I KNOW HOW TO DO THIS KIND OF THING!! MAYBE I SHOULD STOP NOW AND NEVER DO THIS AGAIN IF WE ARE GOING TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS EVER AGAIN!!!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=install+custom+maps+tf2

cola_k
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

@aspieRommel said:
    I DID! I FUCKING DID! THAT DOES NOT TELL ME A FUCKING THING! I DON"T KNOW HOW TO GET TO THAT DIRECTORY!!! DON"T ASSUME I KNOW HOW TO DO THIS KIND OF THING!! MAYBE I SHOULD STOP NOW AND NEVER DO THIS AGAIN IF WE ARE GOING TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS EVER AGAIN!!!

If it's that difficult for you and you're getting this upset about it, maybe you should.

_kChoochIlriyas
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Due to the massive confusion and butthurtery, I'm changing the requirement from 5 to 3 custom maps played tonight.

GnomeQueenUPSLynxPirateNinja
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

Good Times as always. Was fun to play some maps we haven't played in a long time.

-Digi

oni_dels
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    edited May 2015

_kGnomeQueen
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian

@cola can't live with the fact that he just killed me, he drinks away the pain.

@GnomeQueen is fine with killing me and just happy that there is no blood on her fancy pants.

Creeperbane2oni_dels
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@PirateNinja said:

cola can't live with the fact that he just killed me, he drinks away the pain.

GnomeQueen is fine with killing me and just happy that there is no blood on her fancy pants.

I mean, obviously, except that isn't me. :p

• PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian

D: I could have sworn it said I was killed by you when I took that screen. Well .. mystery pants demo.

• aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politico Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

As I was going to do before, I want to apologize to everyone, especially @oni_dels , for going off on here on the forums. With this being the first time having to upload these kinds of maps, it was confusing and I was getting frustrated. Did I have to upload them through my computer files or do I upload them through the Steam website? I read the read-me but it only showed me the end result. Being told multiple times to read the read-me only frustrated me more. When @Linc finally said what file it was under, it became easier and I was finally able to download the maps. Again, I apologize for my outburst and I look forward to next Wednesday.

Creeperbane2oni_dels

And now you know

-Digi

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2015

my advice is to ask if you don't know. going on a rant like that doesn't help you or anyone else in any way. the readme file could have been explained a bit better but you have to realize that a lot of us have been pc gaming for a long time. so knowing where the folders is comes natural because we know where the games are installed. like I said, if you don't know...ask.

@Church4252 I'll be sure to do that next time, unless @BobbyDigi fixed the auto-loader.

Karma has enabled map downloads from the server meaning if the map rotation comes to a map you don't have, it will download it. It is certainly not as fast as preloading the maps but at least it doesn't stop you all together. We're not going to create an auto loading zip or anything like that as install directories vary.

We are planning on doing more custom maps in coming weeks. I'll see about a more specific walk through to load those when the time comes.

-Digi

Creeperbane2
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian

@aspieRommel said:
    As I was going to do before, I want to apologize to everyone, especially oni_dels , for going off on here on the forums. With this being the first time having to upload these kinds of maps, it was confusing and I was getting frustrated. Did I have to upload them through my computer files or do I upload them through the Steam website? I read the read-me but it only showed me the end result. Being told multiple times to read the read-me only frustrated me more. When Linc finally said what file it was under, it became easier and I was finally able to download the maps. Again, I apologize for my outburst and I look forward to next Wednesday.

no stress, i wasnt offended, but i appreciate the gesture.
    i couldve been a lil more specific too. anyways, water under the bridge.

Creeperbane2
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

@_k said:

Okay, that just looks creepy and evil as fuck.

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

oni_dels
  • RequitRequit That one guy Somewhere over there, I don't know Icrontian

oni_delspigflipperGnomeQueentrooster89

Sorry I missed it tonight :( Was driving my son's girlfriend home and it's about a 2.5 hour round trip. :(

colaPirateNinja
  • KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian
    edited May 2015

@primesuspect said:
    Sorry I missed it tonight :( Was driving my son's girlfriend home and it's about a 2.5 hour round trip. :(

Is it his girlfriend in Canada he met at camp so no one knows her, but is totally a model?

_koni_dels
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

_koni_dels
  • FettBaconFettBacon Viscount Icrontian