Favorite games remastered?

aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politicoIndianapolis, IN Icrontian

This was a thread started on the "World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition" forums and I thought it would be a great discussion on here.

Which games would you like to see remastered (either for PC, Xbox, PlayStation, etc.)?

Comments

• aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politico Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

Let me start with one of my newest acquisitions. It's too bad EA shut the studio down (Thanks @UPSLynx ! ;) ).

And, in my opinion, a funnier trailer.

• Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited June 2015

Recently we have seen some great games get some wonderful remaster treatments. Not a re boot, but a re master of a straight classic. Resident Evil is pretty fantastic, Duck Tales woohoo... and Grim Fandango is to die for. I just played through Another World again (I am almost certain it is an inspiration to Half Life 2), and while it is close to identical to the original graphics, the minor improvements are there, especially being able to up the resolution on a modern monitor.

The one LucasArts classic adventure game that might be even better than Grim Fandango is Maniac Mansion. Maniac Mansion is wonderfully nerdy and just plain funny. A joy to play through. I'd love to see it get a good solid remaster with improved graphics and audio.

Another game that I think could benefit from a huge remaster / reboot would be Golgo 13: Top Secret Episode. That game was so far ahead of its time most people didn't even know it existed. It was a little mix of everything. A shooting gallery, a fighting platformer, a 3D maze, a puzzle game, it had everything, and it did most things well. I had a mature(ish) story when video games were still just for kids. I'd love to see someone run with that franchise starting with a remaster of the original game.

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

ORAS, Nuff said.
    (even though technically "remake")

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

My entire adult life, all I've wanted from video games is a remake of Alternate Reality.

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

I would like to see remakes of Fallout 1 & 2. I remember enjoying the gameplay and story of both, but don't remember much else. Trying to replay them now though is too frustrating. Lots of glitches and crashes because old, and lots of little things that I didn't even realise would bother me (like inability to scroll through lists with the mouse wheel). It all added up to not playing them through again like I wanted to.

For the same reasons, I'd like to see Arena and Daggerfall remade with the modern Elderscrolls engine.

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited June 2015

Would like to and did see remastered.

REmake is now more than 10 years old (holy shit) and I'm still hoping for a new release of RE2 in the same style. Even if it used the same decade old engine and graphics as REmake I'd preorder that shit yesterday. Resident Evil 7 can wait. Give me 2 again.

pigflipper
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. It's what I hoped Beyond Earth would be, but was sorely disappointed.

GHoosdumBasil
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Front Mission 3, Tyrian 2000, One Must Fall 2097, Quake 2, Slipstream, Hexen/Heretic, Carmageddon.

BuddyJ
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

Xenogears, Legend of Dragoon, Wild Arms, Legend of Mana.

ardichoke

A Xenogears remake would be cool :)

ardichoke

On that same note: Brave Fencer Musashi

• Also, No One Lives Forever

That not only deserves a remaster, but I could see a complete re boot of the franchise. Think the Crystal Dynamics re imagining of Tomb Raider, I would love to see where a talented studio could go with Ms. Archer.

• drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

I'm not sure I could deal with a Xenogears remake unless it was a prelude to actually producing the rest of the Xenogears story (from Perfect Works, not Xenosaga). I played through Xenogears again on my PSP from the PS Store and it's still good.

I'd definitely be in for a remaster of Final Fantasy 6 though. As an aside, there's hope for Maniac Mansion since it Double Fine is remastering Day of the Tentacle. I'm still waiting for Chrono Break.

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

Final Fantasy 7 because fucking ass that game looks like utter shit now. I mean the pixel arty RPGs ala Chrono Trigger and FF4 all look better. It's really hard to get past the blockiness and weirdness that currently exists in 7.

By the same ilk Half-Life could also use some upgrading.

• trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian

@Karma said:
    By the same ilk Half-Life could also use some upgrading.

Isn't that what Black Mesa is?

primesuspect
  • KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

@trooster89 said:
    Isn't that what Black Mesa is?

There was something about Black Mesa that threw me off it. Now I can't remember what it is.

• ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian

Oh man, one of these "old school" threads. I have so many I could list here, but I'll stick to just one for now: Betrayal at Krondor.

TiberiusLazarusCB
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian

Oregon Trail.

Creeperbane2
  • HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

Oregon trail is a good one, although I think they released a mobile version. I suppose that counts more as a port though

• CelshCelsh Member

@Church4252 said:
    Xenogears, Legend of Dragoon, Wild Arms, Legend of Mana.

You seemed to have put too many words around the game's name. I fixed it for you :biggrin:

But no really Legend of Dragoon was fantastic. Really would love a remaster, or hell a reboot.

Chooch
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian

Max Payne

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian

@Karma said:
    There was something about Black Mesa that threw me off it. Now I can't remember what it is.

Don't know about you, but for me it is the difficult install (at least the last time I tried to install it). Also, the fact that it isn't complete (once again, as of the last time I played it).

• drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2015

@ardichoke said:
    Don't know about you, but for me it is the difficult install (at least the last time I tried to install it). Also, the fact that it isn't complete (once again, as of the last time I played it).

Pretty sure it was a FOV/view bob thing for me (re Half Life, haven't tried Black Mesa). I could only play for about 15 minutes before I was throwing up.